Have we destroyed the 355? | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Have we destroyed the 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Monteman, Oct 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    #726 fatbillybob, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    Disagreement is fine we are all grown men. If someone like yourself has a problem with what I have said I will gladly discuss the topic in the context of the thread it was posted. In over 10,000 posts go do a search and if I have deeply offended another i will apologize. If someone is inferring things that are not there I can't help them with their English. I am not trying to be antagonistic or confrontational but your statements is pretty bold. I'm ready to discuss and I guess we can start right here with Dino's complaint. So I'm waiting to here from Dino.

2. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That's not a reply. Why is the hatchet comment offensive to you and what are you inferring from it?

3. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    We don't have this problem in MA. After 15 years it is just a visual inspection.

Even with qualified people checking these cars out, how would they know if someone had their headers rebuilt if the OEM shielding is reused or OEM cats are modified internally and it passes the smog tests? I don't believe that they could tell.

4. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Jim, are you in the same position as in the UK where if it's classed as an illegal modification your insurance company can refuse to honour your policy? If it is then the kid doing the smog test may not notice, but let's just say you're in a scrape at a Ferrari event - Would the insurance assessor check so they could walk away from a large payout? They might and if they did you'd be hung out to dry.

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    This place is out of control :)

6. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    But they can all be so entertaining. I love all you guys. :)

7. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    When I read through it I didn't see a hatchet in the pictures and then when I got to your post I was like what??? Is he suggesting this is going to be some kind of hatchet job??
    It's the internet, everything gets taken wrong.

8. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012

Others see it but you. You know you were delivering a spiteful quip, thats what you seem to do. Your not a stupid man regardless of you trolling threads.
    I have said my bit, every one can decide for them selves what YOU were implying. There seems to be many people that have a problem with the way you behave.

9. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Pete, I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. I hope I never find out. :eek:

10. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hope not :)

11. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I agree. :) The FChat Zoo. :D

Good group for the most part. ;)

12. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    +1 :)

13. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I believe Ferrari already beat us to the punch line on that one.:D Just kidding. I couldn't resist.:) Thanks for the set up Brian.;)

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Rifledriver was banned because of this stoopid thread?

Great. FChat has become one bit less resourceful. :(

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You've got to be kidding me :rolleyes:

While Brian is an excellent resource and surley very experienced, he has little respect for anyone here and most often does not post much help.

16. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Yes taken wrong. Just read the words. People should not infer what is not there. There is a hatchet in a couple photos. So all who brand me as a hater read on because assuming can make an a$$ out of you and me.

17. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    No, he was banned for his childish behavior.

18. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    #743 fatbillybob, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    I presume my hatchet comment is the best example of my personal afront to you. I am sorry but you completely misunderstand just like a few others who are prejudiced by hate when they see my name. If that's all you got its pretty thin. You could have stood up to me and just ask what gives instead of hide away and hold a grudge for what you THINK I have done. There is a perfectly simple explaintion for the hatchet comment that I guess could be a loss for someone with so few posts and don't know fchat history. But you could have just spoke up. I'm on a cell phone keyboard so bare with me the answers follow in my next post.

19. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    #744 SoCal1, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Not if you know dogs. Zoom in just to the eye - that's what a dog is thinking.

21. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I like when dogs smile like that. I get a glimpse once in a while when I come home with mine.. :)

My experience is it takes two to tango.

I'm actually in agreement, this thread has degenerated enough..

22. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    So the hatchet...well there is a picture of a hatchet in a couple of the pictures. It begs the question I posed what with the hatchet (i paraphrase ok)? Some think the worst of me thinking I infer Dino doing a hatchet job on his car in his thread that is undeveloped. Nothing further from the truth. I am the original Stooge. Stogging as in three stooges Ferrari repair started with Ernie, Bruce Plugzit, and I in my garage. It spawned the 348 brotherhood first coined by Ernie that became the 348/355 brotherhood.
    . We always prided ourselves on doing things right but not with the unobtainable, super expensive Ferrari tools. In threads We showed how to use rubberbands and toasterovens to do Ferrari repair. Search byrons 348 challenge gearbox I rebuilt and you will see me doing a stooge removal of an oilline with a hammer and a big cresent wrench. There are other threads showing my welded homemade ringnut tools done stooge style. So Dino you want to contribute? You start a thread show a nice stooge tool you made to do the headbolts cost you near nothing. That's stooge and that is a complement. Then you show pictures with a hatchet. So what's with the hatchet? Did you figure out a stooge us for it? So for a year you hold a grudge against me for something you have completly wrongly inferred. Why do people read more than is there? If people think there is an issue speak up. I don't bite. Peace my brother's....

23. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Ok FB.
    Anyway, i am now getting ready to go to Silverstone tonight for the F1 weekend.
    See you guys after the weekend :)

24. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Exactly.

25. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    When did this momentous occasion take place (meaning the inclusion of our 355 cousins in the 348 brotherhood) ? Was there a vote? Do they want to be?

As you can probably tell from my last few posts I wouldn't be massively against it - mark 1 and mark 2 of the same car as far as I'm concerned. But the 348 brotherhood has been successful partly due to all the flak we as owners took until recently and it has to be said that quite a bit of that flak came from owners of the other model in this section of the forum. 'Brotherhood' implies 'equal', and having been back on this particular forum for about a day, while things have changed it doesn't really feel like 'equal' or 'brotherhood' to me.

It could be that it is time to bury the hatchet (excuse the phrase :) ) but if that's the case let's all start acting like a brotherhood.

(still not convinced there was a vote FBB :) )