Has there been any photos of the interior released ? | FerrariChat

Has there been any photos of the interior released ?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by YellowF50, Jan 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Like the title asks. Has there been any shots of the interior released yet, I wonder if the cabin will be like that of 458 which has everything built around the driver, with most of the functions ( maybe too many in some peoples eyes) built into the steering wheel. Surely the cabin will need to be more passenger friendly with this being a grand tourer style car.

2. londonferrari612

Dec 6, 2006
    California
    I saw one picture of the interior earlier today now I can't find it for the life of me. It is not as driver orientated as the 458.

3. michal12

michal12 Karting

Dec 13, 2005
    #3 michal12, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. phil612

phil612 Karting

Apr 22, 2004
    UK
    Looks like those seats are designed for nice wide asses.

5. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Thanks looks quite nice, radio unit looks like that used in the California.

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    With a steering wheel from the 458...
    CH

7. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    I'd love to see that with the wheel of the California.

8. crumbird

crumbird Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    USA
    I'm afraid this interior looks a bit "parts bin" for something as expensive as it is likely to be. It effectively is a mildly restyled California interior.

9. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I own a California and saw the FF at the factory last week. The interior is nothing like the California.

10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    As someone who has seen it "in the flesh", I would be interested in your opinion. Spoke to my dealer and he saw it 6 months ago and says that "in person" its amazing (maybe he would say that), but I still value his opinion.

11. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I posted some thoughts on my viewing at the factory on a thread in the 599/612 section but will put them here now that there is an FF section.

I had a private viewing of the FF at the factory on Thursday. It's stunning in the metal IMHO and the pic's seen thus far of it really fail to convey the great proportions and lovely styling details on this car. The tech under the skin is very impressive and the performance stats are incredible. We had a briefing by one of the engineers responsible for developing the FF and it really has been designed first and foremost as a drivers car and they have used many parameters from the 599 as a benchmark for it.

The frontal styling is the best resolved design I've seen from Ferrari in a number of years. The lights do not look anything like the 458 in person. They have a very subtle curvature in the glass that follows the crease line from the wing top and flows into the corner of the front bumper. You simply don't see this in the pics posted thus far. The rear looks great and far more sculpted than the pic's convey and there is a lot of aero trickery going on there.

I'd strongly suggest that before you make up your mind on this car you reserve your final judgement until you see one in the metal and can sit in it. You may be in for a pleasant surprise. It has real presence from the front with a very wide and low stance.

The interior is lovely especially when trimmed with the new aniline leather which looks extremely luxurious. I'm 6'1" and could sit comfortably in the rear with a 5'10" driver in front. There wasn't acres of room but nor did I feel at all cramped. The designers have paid lots of attention to the detailing on the interior.

The trunk space of the FF is larger than the Panamera by volume. The fitted luggage set has 5 cases. The centre section between the rear seats can be folded down and and a full size ski bag will comfortably fit in and still allow for passengers to travel in comfort. Standard golf bags will comfortably fit in the trunk and they say a full size competition bag will fit in with the centre section between the seats folded they said. They had some very nice bespoke golf bags on display in matching cuoio leather. Each rear seat also folds down allowing quite a versatile luggage/passenger layout mix. Rear seat space is better than the 612 I was told (I've never sat in the back of one of those).

The 4 wheel drive system is very clever and very light weight for such a system so I should imagine it may well filter across to other models in time as it improves performance and driveability by controlling loss of power to any wheel.

12. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #12 sambomydog, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    Another one to see the new FF, and still no photos:( Were they not permited?

13. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    No..

I agree FF looks much better in person. Also looks way better in darker or metallic colors, just like the 612, 456, etc.. before it.

Btw the rear seat room wasn't bad at all. I actually think there's more room in the back of the FF than there is in the Rapide.

14. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The back seat in the Rapide is VERY tight. Interesting the comparison to Panamera. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the pictures. There is A LOT of room in the rear seats of the Panamera. The rear of a 612 is rather comfortable too.

15. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    FF seems to have a little more than the 612 but not as much as the Panamera.

16. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Its very good, I'm 6ft1 and got in no problem

17. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I think so too.

18. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    +1 so what we have here is something with questionable exterior looks and a very ordinary interior....

19. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    One would think this car was developed with the US market in mind. As opposed to the Asian market in that case;)

20. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Well, the USA is the largest Ferrari market in the world. :eek::eek:

Or once was anyways. ;);)

21. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #21 sambomydog, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    Yes i think every one knows that:rolleyes:
    I was refering to comments on the FF section that the new FF may have been designed with the Asian market in mind. There smaller frames may be sliding all over them seats if they are as big as they look.

22. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    The seats are not huge.

23. mrbucket2

mrbucket2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2006
    Bergen County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I hurt myself trying to sit in the back of a Rapide and I'm only 5'10".

24. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    ;);)

They are probably not bigger than any other current Ferrari seat, but they look to be 'flatter' on the seat base.

They dont look to have as much side bolstering as the other current Ferrari "race" seats. :):)

Obviously they have comfort in mind with the FF. :D:D

25. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I think it's more the angle of the pic that's a bit misleading. The seat bases are definately sculpted.