Hammi's Japanese Win under Investigation. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hammi's Japanese Win under Investigation.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Remy Zero, Oct 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Lewis referenced his "mistake" during the post race interview. Read his body language not just the words.
    They were coming around a near blind turn in low visibility on a wet track with little braking force.
    IMO this act was done by him for the stated reason and to make Webber and crowd back off to assure they didn't jump him on the restart. Standard racing strategy; Yes he did cause it. Intentional or not.

PS; I am a LH fan trying to be fair to all.

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

PS, I'm not a LH fan, but trying to be fair to all

The problem I have with this is simple..... he had been making these wide lines and braking moves for multiple laps. It wasn't just a freak thing in one corner. He did it for many corners, and many laps.... webber just wouldn't take a hint.

3. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well yeah, I did make a statement, because at monaco last year, Keke was the loudest out there screeming bloody murder and saying how Schumi should have been banned for endangering other drivers. Jack Villeneuve, has been one of the biggest MS haters out there too.
    It is funny how in another argument LH is this great driver, the new Senna, the new Schumacher, already a legend etc., with plenty experience and accomplishments in the sport, but now all of a sudden he is just a rookie in his first year in F1.
    I will say this again, and make it a statement on record. I am not a LH fan. I don't like him but I DON'T hate him either. I appreciate his talent and realize the amount of talent he is showing and that he has bright future ahead of him. But either he is this great "legend" already, like some here claim or he is just an F1 rookie in his first year. Either way, in my opinion HE caused the accident and did it on purpose. He tried it many times during the "race" and it finally worked. Now this is just my opinion which whether same as yours or not, is completely irrelevant as what really matters is FIA's decision. And their decisions this year have raised quite a few eyebrows. This season is fixed. I am not saying this because Ferrari are not winning. If the situation was reversed I would have expressed the exact same opinion. They are ruining the sport and turning it into scripted soap opera. I can't wait for MTV to start showing it and have the WWF1 marathons on weekends, when you get to watch all the episodes, oops races, one after another.

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    See...but that's why it can't be- a accident

"He tried it many times"

Webber can't claim an accident, because a accident is something that jumps out and surprises you.

Lewis did this same move 20-30 times....the car behind him can not claim to be surprised by something that happened over and over again. Too predictable.

5. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    So first he tells McL it's either him or Alonso, and now it's either him or the FIA.

bx797t;3b97;TW97BVBZ:(77FBGB!!

6. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I don't remember anyone claiming anything of the sort, would you like to tell us who it was?

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ditto take your own advise Sir..:p

8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well then Mr lucky leave it at this then your views on LH are now becoming tiresome..Thanks.

9. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am not going to dig it up, but people here have said that it was obvious from turn one in the first lap in Australia. Others have said that the minute they saw him attack a corner they could feel him be a great on e just like they could feel it when watching senna and Schumacher.
    I think I can feel a big stinking load of BS.
    I don't mind people expressing their opinions no matter how different than mine, but it really ticks me off when people change their opinion according to the situation. Stating the plain opposite to a previous statement you made (not you personally) just to use it in favor of your current argument is shallow and cheap way of winning an argument. But then again it doesn't surprise me when it comes from McCheater apologists.

10. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    thats not surprising seeing as how your posting plenty if it.

11. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That's your come back?
    How old are you? 5?

12. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Please cite one example of the claims you are making. I don't recall anyone saying they knew from TURN ONE OF THE FIRST LAP OF AUSTRALIA or THE MINUTE THEY SAW HIM ATTACK A CORNER. Please prove merely ONE example of these statements. Also please provide ONE example of your second statement aswell. Only ONE example is necessary, please.

You have a history of making untrue statements, a very long and consistent history. You will not mind, then, if the rest of us call BS to your comments.

You won't post one example of your claims because they do not exist.

13. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Okay............so does anyone have a link to this "unseen" clip?

14. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    my connections not the best but im trying to upload it now.

15. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    youtube has just rejected it as a "terms of use violation" :(

trying again.

16. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
  17. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I have to say that this does seem to be the case. You have claimed to have posted things that no one remembers and can't be found and claimed that others have posted things that no one remembers and can't be found (for example your claims that some posts have lauded LH as a great legend and, as soon as he turned a wheel in F1 they could see he was a great). You would do your case a great deal of good if you could show those posts were actually made, but you decline to do that. It's hardly surprising, then, that we take the view that you just make it up to suit your argument.

18. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    damn, you and I agree for a change :)

I'm not saying dock him 10 points either , or anyone that does this under SC conditions, but there has to be a penalty either during the race it happened (something like a drive thru) or a 10 spot penalty at the next race.

Weaving side to side to keep the tyres warm is ok , in the dry, but brake testing the field as the leader is OTT and out of order but once there is wet conditions weaving and brake testing should be illegal as the safety car is there due to poor conditions or unsafe track conditions due to an accident so what gives any driver the right to turn it into an opportunity to screw the guys behind when their visibility is limited while the leader is fine ??

19. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    and so are yours, LH is an egotistical narcisist with an inflated opinion of himself

20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    well I was at the Oz GP and I know I posted a comment that this kid was obviously a talent

your arrogance is getting the better of you again, maybe you should calm down for a while, take some of the blue pills Teddles :p

21. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    alternatively you could just call him British and be done with it (whinging pom etc - yawn) :p

look no one makes it in F1 by being a nicey nicey timid character who wouldnt say boo to a goose.
    plus behind all these "characters" are a mass of PR types - quite what their true character is who knows.
    its interesting however that most of the press etc seem to like the kid (from what ive seen and read)

22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    look Jock, lay off the whisky for a minute and stop regurgitating dribble from a known troll

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    you've got a complex man, you should see a doctor about it, ...

oh, and when you turn the car off, that noise you hear is you whining, not the engine :D

24. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Are you referring to yourself or Lucky? :p

25. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ok, I couldn't dig all of it as I don't know who exactly said which and where or when. But.....
    >
    The torch has been passed: From Senna to Schumacher to Hamilton.

Just give it a few years and watch him pick up pole after pole, win after win, title after title.

PS: I hope I'm wrong on this. Another 7 years of dominance would be just as boring.
    <
    And then.....
    >The rest of us could see Schumacher's greatness after a race or two or identified Senna's talents from before his first F1 test. Hamilton is the next great F1 driver.<

Again...
    >I watched Senna in a Toleman live in the rain at Monaco. EVERYBODY could see it. Same goes for Bellof.

I watched Schumacher in a Jordan qualify at Spa as a rookie. Same story.

Hamilton's exceptional talent was visible in turn 1, lap 1 of Melbourne. And by now it has been made plainly obvious.<

I have not attached the names to the posts, but if you like I can dig up what the person from the second quote has said about Schumacher in previous posts. Quite hypocritical material IMHO