Hamilton’s Post Race Behavior Atrocious ***spoilers*** | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Hamilton’s Post Race Behavior Atrocious ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'F1' started by xpensivewino, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#126 Natkingcolebasket69, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    1-define class
    2-based on ur definition when did Lewis pretend to have class?
    All I have seen is Lewis lecture speak about ecological and political movement.
    He aims to be hip hop and hangs out with celebrities. He is not trying to be roger Moore or Sean Connery with his tats.

Hamilton wants to be the 2pac of formula one. He tries to go away from his clean cut image,but he kinda fails.

He is a popular figure but I’d not say classy. He behaves like new money. Class would be more Button in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordGTDriver likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep they are very happy for a Brit to win. Most teams are in the uk and the Uk are , with Italy, the soul of Motorsport so I get it

william likes this.
  3. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis

4. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    You’ve obviously never been to Germany if you think England is the soul of motor sports. It’s homebase for F1, but far from the epicenter of motorsport.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Wrong.
    Dad born in Baden Baden.
    Me French born and raised spent all my summer in either lido so ponpoza Italy or Baden Baden Germany till I was 11.
    So u should not make assumptions otherwise I’m going to assume you are secretly a Lewis fan;)

6. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Born in Munich, parents both from Germany, no assumptions, welcome to the thread :)

7. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

"British fans are the BEST"

Will this fact get published in the Hamilton Commission Report ?

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've never heard of Chris Rosales. A google search revealed perilously little.

fil, SimCity3 and 275gtb6c like this.
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

2pac from leafy Stevenage
    LOL

Natkingcolebasket69 and Bas like this.
  10. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    He has a massive 493 followers on Instagram. So a major and leading source in this….
    now he has 494 followers. This oracle may not be missed!

ciao
    Oscar

Bas and SimCity3 like this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Credit where it's due, Jesus only had 12 followers so this guy may be on to something.

sammysaber, TonyL, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  12. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    and one of them killed him…
    Max only had one follower and he almost killed him…..

Ciao
    Oscar

sammysaber, Bas, RobertJRB and 3 others like this.
  13. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Not quite as simple as that: if you put another driver up against the wall on the inside, and you can see they are wheel to wheel with you as you enter the corner, you know they are going to understeer. So if you are on the outside and you have a 33 point championship lead, then discretion is the better part of valour. Max is known to be hard (they even formulated the late move rules with him in mind) but he is smart and he will learn.

Apparently the (in)famous FIA diagram says that if a car is overlapping yours on the inside of a corner, it's their corner.

Anyway, the stewards ruled, Max lost 25 points of his lead (PER saved him the other one) and Red Bull have a big bill. I still think VER will be WC this year, but it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Hopefully, no one will get hurt.

Terra, ktu and william like this.
  14. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    No, he betrayed him.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Are you sure he os the One in need of therapy?

xpensivewino and tuttebenne like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It's always a racing incidente...even when it's a stupid One or done on purpose...m

fil likes this.
  17. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #142 tuttebenne, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Trying to stay on topic, Lewis's post race showboating was dismal. No mention of Max, running all over the track like a hooligan (after his trademark slow tour of the runoffs); he's at best, nontraditional. Maybe his valet didn't have the opportunity to whisper in his ear that he should acknowledge the possible injury to his fellow driver. But no. None of that and actually the opposite. The public wasn't shielded from the real Lewis Hamilton this time. "Max was driving aggressively". Really? Because he left you for dead at the start? Aggressive because he was leading a Grand Prix? Or while you were challengine him for the lead?

Let me get this clear in my head - who is the more aggressive driver; the one leading or the one who is attempting to pass him? Hmmmmm. Well the Stewards and practically everyone else have weighed in and obviously, Lewis was to put it mildly, wrong. But let's not overlook the elephant in the room.

The need to take risks at the beginning of the race can be explained in many ways, most of which are part of racing. But there is one reason that is contrived, artificial, and unnecessary. A driver in the lead has three laps or so to make a "run for the hills" before he is assessed a handicap - DRS. This aspect of Formula One has been responsible for much discontent with the sport. How can anyone defend a race result where the driver/team that led for 70 laps is deprived of the victory in the final minutes simply because the winner had enjoyed multiple DRS slingshots over the last few laps? Is this what we want from our sport? I for one do not.

sammysaber, Jack-the-lad, Bas and 6 others like this.
  18. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I’ve seen drivers end their race and pull over to aid a fellow driver in incredibly dangerous situations, because of their concern for their comrades. Niki Lauda lived on because of such actions. There’s no comparison to the type of shunt Max had to that of Lauda’s, but the concern and sportsmanship can be the same. As I said I wouldn’t want to be in a Fox hole with Hamilton. The whole Max is aggressive, and I did nothing wrong thing said volumes. As Max said we move on.

sammysaber, Bas, spirot and 1 other person like this.
  19. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    There is a very quaint bridge in Brooklyn that I can get you for cheap... :)

20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I agree with this. Hamilton drove a good race that has to be said. he caught Leclerc fair and square... no denying that. It's the lack of genuine concern for Verstappen that was glaring to me. It shows that the rest of Hamilton's behaviors are carefully curated.... this was a rare misstep.
    It calls into question all of his "actions"....

Nortonious likes this.
  21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Looks like we are stuck with DRS. Maybe NASCAR can imitate F1 for once?

+1

22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You made a lot of really salient points here.

23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Well, I get your point, but it's basically the same thing Charles Leclerc was saying as well. It was the aftermath that made it seem more than only a racing incident.

275gtb6c likes this.
  24. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    275gtb6c posting P&R comment. 30-day thread ban.

25. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I'm just imagine the salivating tabloid glee and faux outrage if Lewis had married an underwear model and then divorced within the same year.

Terra and ricksb like this.