gt5 times on ring | FerrariChat

gt5 times on ring

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 95spiderman, Mar 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im about to go to the n'ring for the 1st time ever next month and have been using gt5 to learn the layout. it seems to have helped as i cut about a minute/lap from when i started.

i managed a 6:18 using the zonda and an 8:55 with the vw golf i will be using for real. how do these times stack up to others players?

and yes, i know it doesnt relate to what i will be doing on the real ring. i would imagine a 12:00 lap will be hard for me to achieve. my main concern is to make it back home without any 'incidents'.

2. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The best way to avoid accidents is to go at a pace that is comfortable for you, there will be people faster that you... Fact theres no point in trying to keep up with them if you can't. No ones gonna call you a ***** for not getting 110% out of the car on a track that you've never been on before.

As far as game accuracy modern games have come on leaps and bounds like GT5 and Forza 3, but what no game can give you in the same sensation of speed, bumps, gradients and perception of distance.

You can hire special taxi's to take you round with a professional racing driver, if I was you on a track like the nurburgring I'd do that to get a feel for what the track is like and what's to be expected.

Good luck have fun.

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i will have an instructor in car with me for the real thing. for now, im just wondering how my times on gt5 compare to others
    thanks

4. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    If you think your going to break 10 minutes your first time out, you will likely crash hard. Games aren't exactly like real life... be careful!

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    as i said in my op, i would be lucky to break 12 min and that would be after 2 days practice. anyway, i wont ever know since video isnt allowed.

i only care about lap times on the video game. anyone have times to post?

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've hit 6:23 in the F-1 car... with full down force and soft suspension settings, little less camber... I think I could do a sub 5 min but need to tweak the gearing. you need to have that long 7th, but need to have short gears thru the majority of the track. I'll try a screen shot with the time, I dont know how to get the times to send to my computer???

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    P.S. I've done the real ring in a Golf back in 91.... all i have to say is watch your mirrors for bikes! Pump up the tires as well!

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    its not exactly a golf but that was closest thing in gt5 game. its a new scirocco with dsg transmission. set up with cage, seat, slicks, etc. renting it from ring rentals. it was their slowest, safest, and easiest car to drive

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Does 4 minutes and change in the X1 count? (two significant 5s mistakes)

6:56 in the 2002 NSX-R with medium race tires back in GT4. I imagine it would be pretty similar in GT5.

Let us know how you do :)

10. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    This reminds me of that Top Gear episode where they raced an NSX on the GT series video game and then in real life on the same track :)

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Just did first day on ring with instructor and was Awesome! instructor was so calm and good that I can't even say it was that hard. He was like a rally co pilot telling me when to brake, turn, gas, etc. My times were prob in the 13's but can't compare to video game because the main strait is broken up by the start finish booths

Tomorrow I go solo which should be harder by a logorathmic degree. I would like to go around with my blinkers flashing to indicate Slow Car but that's not allowed. I will probab be several minutes slower solo

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Reconsidered the solo attempt. Got instructor again which was great idea for several reasons. He took video which was very cool. He hardly spoke for few laps so I could gain confidence then sent me out solo for my last lap. Was best lap of day and managed to "race" a motorcycle. He passed me on straits and I cought back up on curves

That's it for my ring trip, other than buying tshirts, car stickers, etc

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was on GT5 tonight. Ring in the Polophny F-1 car... 5:43.277 was my fastest time... it was a bit ragged here and there but 97% on the track. second fastest lap was 5:52.001

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ok I have completed a 5:24.564 in the F-1 Ferrari.... wild ride! anyothers out there?

15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Soften the suspension up a lot, and you should see the low 5's and high 4's with the polyphony car. I'm sure the F1 car would be even faster