Grigio Titanio 355 GTS in Kuwait? | FerrariChat

Grigio Titanio 355 GTS in Kuwait?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by ian_uk1975, Feb 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ian_uk1975

ian_uk1975 Rookie

Feb 19, 2007
    Northampton, UK
    Ok, this is a long shot, but do any of you guys know of a Grigio Titanio 355 GTS with Ivory interior that was owned by the Kuwaiti Royal Family? The car is a '97 and also spent time in Dubai.

Reason I ask is I have the chance to buy this car in the UK. It was imported into the UK in 2005.

Cheers,
    Ian.

2. mowater

mowater Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    hey there Ian

i only know of ONE grigio titanio 355 and i am not sure if it was a GTS .. but i am sure that it was NOT an F1, and since you mention it is a 1997, then chances are it is the one i know of

with ivory interior, do you mean the very "bright beige"?

what is the mileage on the car, and what are they asking for it?

3. ian_uk1975

ian_uk1975 Rookie

Feb 19, 2007
    Northampton, UK
    #3 ian_uk1975, Feb 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, yep, it's NOT an F1. The interior colour is, apparently, a special-order colour. It's not beige; off-white. I've attached a couple of pics.

The milage is currently showing ~25k km and I have the opportunity to get the car for around £30k.

Cheers,
    Ian.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. mowater

mowater Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Ian,
    i am not sure if this is the car i have seen in Kuwait, but judging by the colour and its history you mention, i would be very surprised if there was another one that fits the criteria

i honestly think 30k pounds sterling is a fair price for it IF AND ONLY IF you make absolutely certain that the mileage clock has not been tampered with.
    it comes to around ~17k KD

i am not implying anything BUT the majority of the F-cars i know of in Kuwait have hit the 40k km (mine has 49k km)
    i have no idea if in actuality Ferraris' mileage can be rolled down, but of course, a PPI will surely reveal the condition of the internal parts of the car

to ask that price in Kuwait is, to me, fair.. but nowadays 360s can be gotten for ~22k kd (but with a LOT more mileage than 25k km!!) and thus this would be taken as an ambitious price by the majority who do not really "understand" that Ferraris aren't really judged by "newer and older" models

it is nonetheless a BEUATIFUL car, and i wish that after a PPI you would have the ease of mind to go ahead and get it

5. ian_uk1975

ian_uk1975 Rookie

Feb 19, 2007
    Northampton, UK
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it's not easy to tell if a car has been 'clocked'. There is a full service history with the car, but that's still no guarantee. Also, it's hard to trace any previous accident damage with UAE cars as there is no equivalent to the US CarCheck or UK HPI check. I believe the car also has the Fiorino Handling Pack.

Cheers,
    Ian.

6. mowater

mowater Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Ian,
    i think a full service history is a great way to know if the car has been taken care of. of course, this would mean to only check the service booklet and check for stamps of the dealers/garages.
    for example, for its service record in Kuwait, check for Al-Zayani. this is the official dealer of Ferrari in Kuwait .. but if you find something else, do not be alarmed since there are a number of other shops that work on Ferraris and do a great job (IMHO, better than the dealer sometimes).
    let me know what you find of its service record while in Kuwait, and i will do my best to answer any of your questions about the shops :)

unfortunately, you are absolutely right on in saying that you cannot track any accident history .. truth be told, this goes for all the Gulf region and not just the UAE or Kuwait.
    as sad as it may seem or sound, most of the people i know "check" accident history by word of mouth and asking around (it is a small country afterall :D)

but i am sure you can make a decision based on a PPI result

good luck, and do let us know
    btw, are you new to the Ferrari scene or have you owned one before?
    if you haven't, please refer to the 348/355 forum and ask any questions you have once you get the PPI result or if the seller tells you anything you wish to know more about :)

7. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I don't think there was ever a fiorino handling package offered on 355s.

8. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    there was a limited run of 99 cars in the FIORANO version
    I remember ...

9. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Mowater,

Did you ever buy the car? Just wondering.

Mike in Kuwait