Gran Turismo 5 - Tips | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo 5 - Tips

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MikeR397, Feb 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    #1 MikeR397, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    I've pretty much beaten this game, at least accomplished all that I'm really inclined to do. I've got the formula car and RedBullX1 car, and perhaps $20m in cash. Bspec is level 35 and Aspec is level 29.

RedBullX1 - the "perfect" hypothetical car. Just insane (and difficult to drive). You can get it 3 ways, but the easiest is to get your Bspec driver to level 35 by putting him in the formula car and having him to the endurance B spec races over and over. Just turn off your tv and let him do his thing, reload each 4 hours. This will still take a couple weeks of not turning off your playstation! At either level 30 or 35 on either a or b spec, you can beat the unlocked X1 challenge to get the car for free, but that is a near impossible challenge to beat. Alternatively, at those levels, you can buy the redbull car for $20m. I think Bspec at level 35 is your best bet, considering you get the car free.

Formula 1 car - The only way to get it is to buy it used. The used car lot updates 6 new cars each "day" which counts as when you load a new race (and you can exit before completing it). But the trick is to go to a license event, and load the first license event, then end it and click "load next" repeat until you've loaded 5 or 6 new license events, which will count as 5/6 days and update the entire used car lots 30 car inventory. Keep doing this over and over and checking for the Formula 1 car to buy. It costs $4.5 million, but you absolutely need the car. Good luck in the Forumla 1 event! I beat it, but it is very tough and you cannot get a lead over 2 seconds generally.

Ferrari forumla cars - DON"T BUY THEM! You cannot race them in normal events I have read, just arcade mode! I was about to drop $12m and thankfully figured this out first. There are no other forumla cars in the game besides what I've just mentioned.

At this point, I've beaten most of the game, have most the cool cars, and the remaining events have lost thier appeal for me. The 9-24 hour Aspec endurance races are too much, and Bspec is super boring (and frustrating if your driver doesnt' have a significant advantage). I'm happy to give tips if you need them.

I guess its time to find another good car game for PS3. Suggestions?

2. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
  3. burner42

burner42 Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Myles
    How long did it take you? I am just getting started on GT5, been playing for about 10 days now. I played the original GT and loved it! Just like you, I had every car and every license and pretty much won every race... I can already tell GT5 is way more challenging than the original GT!
    Thanks for the tips!

4. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I've taken a break from this game. After I bought the Formula Gran Turismo I somewhat began to lose interest (and I also haven't had much free time to game). I'll start up again soon, I want to get the x1.