Goodwood FOS - Worth the trip? | FerrariChat

Goodwood FOS - Worth the trip?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ThePrince, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThePrince

ThePrince Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Canada
    Curious if you folks been to this event before?

I'm going to be in Monaco around that time so it's a thought, but curious what it takes to get up and close to all the action? If it's limited to watching everything from the stands then I'm not sure it's worth it.

2. wizzard

wizzard Karting

Nov 9, 2014
    It's been about ten years since I was at Goodwood. At that time all of the competitors and cars were accessible and enjoying getting to mix with race fans. As it turned out there were several NASCAR drivers there that I more or less know from here in North Carolina. They were VERY happy to see a home town boy and we all had a great time. Lots of access to the cars and the track and the fans were very friendly, nice, and were enjoying a great day. It is a wonderful experience like no other in the motorsports world-highly recommended

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    fantastic event. went several times. you have access to everything !
    only thing better is the revival
    but, here is a tip....it is far from london, and no easy way to get there, and once there, there is not much else around.
    so, if you dont want to drive 4-6 hours in a day, i would suggest getting a multi day ticket and staying close by in a B&B.
    wear good walking shoes because you will be doing a lot of it.
    also useful to take some kind of book about cars/driver etc in your backpack, because you are likely to encounter plenty of famous people and car owners.
    so much fun !