For Sale - Genuine ALL Colt heavy barrel "IAR" AR15 semi auto 1 of 200 | FerrariChat

For Sale Genuine ALL Colt heavy barrel "IAR" AR15 semi auto 1 of 200

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by LightGuy, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    https://www.colt.com/detail-page/colt-infantry-automatic-rifle-iar
    This is a very unique firearm as it is one of 200 ever produced AFAIK.
    A complete military standard Colt heavy barrel MONOLITHIC upper on a Colt M4 semi auto lower receiver re-engraved with "IAR". Folding top notch quality front and rear sights. Government money-is-no-object.

The original full auto lowers were destroyed except those sold and issued the the Mexican military because H+K won the IAR contract.
    MANY people thought Colt should have won including those in the know.
    It is what it is.

Factory folding sights included as well as the steel reinforced specific front vertical grip which doubles as a bipod. Rear stock is special VLTOR heavy duty and factory.
    Internals are factory Colt as is the charging handle, bolt and carrier.
    The last variant I know of sold for 4.5K before all this CV stuff.
    https://www.gunspot.com/listings/archived/2103/rare-colt-m4le-iar-556mm-semi-automatic-rifle/

$4,000 includes all Colt parts.

No tax but you pay for shipping.

With a Fostech ARII binary trigger this may as well be a light squad machine gun just
    as it was designed to be.
    Completely legal in most states.
    These will be appreciated and collectible in the future as well as shoot-able today.
    Colt 9MM DOE uppers were <1K a few years ago. Now Complete semi guns have an 8K ask.
    These IARs are more rare and you get a complete rifle. Just check out the price for real Colt lowers.

Wanna geek out ?

PS 5.56 Belt feds vs BIG mag feds like a Surefire 60/100 or Magpul 60 round mags makes belt feds cumbersome and obsolete and IMO.

miketuason, MK1044, 4re308 and 4 others like this.
  2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Very nice, David. What a great companion for my milspec Benelli M4 this would be.

LightGuy likes this.
  3. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    What states is this not legal in?

4. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Its legal anywhere a current AR15 is.
    As I understand it some states only allow "Pre ban" semi automatics too.
    Some cities and counties also restrict.
    You might Check with the local gun / sporting goods store .

5. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #5 LightGuy, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Bump.
    My disagreement with Mr. Bartocci in the first post video is... who fires 1080 rounds (his stated barrel failure count) in 100 or 60 round mag dumps in a row without any pause ?
    We're talking bring on airstrikes on your own position at this point.

Normal pauses lets that massive heat sink draw heat downward away from the barrel while normal cooling allows heat to rise above.
    I would postulate under normal, even intensive, conditions this weapon would have no barrel failure AT ALL.
    The barrel is a straight cut heavy with no heat stress point cuts for nick knack attachments. IMO those sharp cuts shouldn't be on ANY military M16/M4 but I didnt get a vote ;)

Why am I selling ?
    I have two more IAR keepers but have spotted a very rare Bushmaster full auto for sale.
    This gun is minty mint unfired and so much cooler than any other depreciating "designer" AR15 you will ever see: Think Noveske, LaRue, Knights etc.
    Real factory COLT credibility. BTW Colt stopped selling to civilians recently. $$$$$ Nowhere to go but up.
    An instant classic that you can actually use or mothball it in a collection.

6. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #6 LightGuy, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    BTW "Monolithic" upper means the upper receiver and forward hand grip / Picatiny mount rail are all one forged and machined unit.
    Typically M16/M4 uppers and handguards are two separate units.
    Monolithic is an uncommon expensive technique that is used to achieve accuracy and reliability.

The included military issued iron sights are the best of the best. The folding metal front sight is part of the gas block. The metal rear is rail mounted for adjust-ability , folding and amazing quality.
    Really neat stuff.

7. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #7 LightGuy, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Just purchased a Fostech Echo 2 trigger which fires the weapon when the trigger is pulled AND when released.
    https://fostech.us/echo-trigger.html
    Watch the video !

Effectively, legally, producing the same rate of fire as a machinegun with a little practice.
    I will include it free. Or will install it free if I can keep the semi bits.
    Registered Colt M16s start around $20K. Typically over 30K for one in the same condition (NEW !) as this weapon.
    Converted Colt AR 15s around 16K plus.
    None of them heavy barrel squad Light MG guns at that price point. I dont remember the last time Ive seen a full auto equivalent.

Plus about a year wait... plus finger prints, photos, local police registration etc etc. A pain in the butt. Been there done that.

With Surefire 60 or 100 round box mags or Magpul drums this is better than or equivalent to a belt fed 5.56 LMG per FN M249 IMO. No screwing around with belts or an assistant. Yet all legal in most states.
    And normal humans cant get a full auto FN249 anyhow. Even typical FFLs.

8. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Offers ?
    I have 3 and selling 1 but keeping 2.

9. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  10. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #10 LightGuy, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Mor bump.

The only other IAR that I can find for sale is this one;
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876531305
    I have been told by the people that bought ALL the Colt IAR parts that this lower receiver is just marked S.D.N.Mexico by the people that bought one of their IAR uppers and is not an original IAR lower . But of course. The original IARs were all class 3 machineguns which are no longer legal to sell to individuals.

My gun's lower is also a factory semi-auto Colt unit now engraved with "IAR".
    6 of one half a dozen of the other.
    I have been collecting special black rifles for 30 + years now and IMO the Colt IARs are vastly underappreciated.
    I'm usually right.

Got my eyeballs on a 360CS or Scud.
    Stuff has to go.

Weird trivia factoid...the vertical handgrip with the extending bi-pod is a special unit with additional reinforcements made for sustained fire as a light squad machinegun. It is not the standard milspec handgrip although it looks the same.
    Colt went above and beyond in designing this weapon as a complete system.

11. scorp965

scorp965 Rookie

Oct 4, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    John
    Interested, I'll send you an offer once my "silver" upgrade is approved, haven't been on Ferrari Chat in years. Will need to arrange shipping to my FFL in Las Vegas.

LightGuy likes this.
  12. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Don't talk with anyone here in communist Maryland. Black rifle bad unless it is an hbar and no fancy triggers either.

13. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Some states have restrictions though, such as MD, AR's are legal as long as they are considered heavy barrel. Some other states they are legal, but the stock must be fixed, etc....Stupid states have placed assinine restrictions for some reasons, makes no sense. Feel good laws so some people can smile and think they did something. A few years ago in MD, AR's were on the 7 day wait period like handguns, the Dem Gov made new laws to ban them and ends up not only allowing them, but allowing a no wait period now the way the law is written, idiots....So they are cash and carry now as long as they have a heavy barrel...lol

LightGuy likes this.
  14. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Crazy weird laws everywhere. I cant keep up. It would be wise for prospective purchasers of any weapon to check with local authorities if you have questions.
    BTW This rifle does have a heavy barrel.