360 - Gated 03' Pozzi Blue Spider | FerrariChat

360 Gated 03' Pozzi Blue Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by JustinNY, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    After 5 years of stalking FChat and a lifetime of staring at F cars in magazines (before there were websites and car buying apps) I pulled the trigger on a Gated 03’ Pozzi Blue 360 Spyder w 24k miles from F of Atlanta. I had so many calls with so many different dealers and have to say there is such a sense of comfort when buying from Ferrari. They answered 100 of my questions, sent photos of everything and best of all completed a full major service before delivery with an accompanying PPI checklist. This major also came with a new brake kit and some other goodies, $9357 invoice on them. A nice bonus was this car had been serviced by the dealer for 10 years and all records came with, I’m still having a hard time stomaching how expensive some of this stuff is but hoping she’s pretty sorted at this point.

For a while I was torn over a manual 360 or F430 as nice examples of both can be had for the same $$. 3 years ago I posted THIS, FChat added a survey to it which I thought was cool. Search was always for blue one, TDF was at top of my list with heavy consideration for Pozzi, NART and some of the other rarer ones. I considered a less expensive F430 to convert by EAG but proved too hard to find. I had this 06’ TDF 430 (which is still for sale) PPI’d and it was a mess (cracked rim, oil leaking, sprayed bumper, stickies) and when I told dealer they were mis-representing the car they told me ‘buyer beware’, not from Audi, maybe Joe’s Used Cars on side of highway, I said. And there was this 07’ F430 Spider but despite its beauty and low mileage it had an accident on CarFax there was zero info on that. Though dealer came down to $115K I couldn’t do it. PS on that one, first sales guy that answered wouldn’t negotiate (price is the price bs), called a few days later and got a different guy and he was willing go down $10K. There were many many others, including a gated ’05 F430 red/tan coupe I found 3 years ago for $125K but didn’t pull trigger and a whole bunch of convos with fellow FChatters. So a very special thanks to all of you I bothered over the years (ttforcefed) and of course our beloved class clown, Mike at Yellow Compass, for all of the advice. This forum helped make this dream a reality.

So 3 weeks ago this one was listed and it checked a whole lot of boxes for me:

- Blue
    - Gated
    - Challenge Wheels
    - Yellow Calipers
    - Factory Tubi (part #70003654 which comes up here a bit)
    - Daytonas w Blue Piping
    - Delicious Service History
    - Factory Shields
    - Blue top, blue dash and carpets, no tints
    - Two keys, tools, books

No car cover so if anyone has one to sell or knows where to find one for a good price PM me.

She arrived Thursday AM and delivered as described. The sound is precious and while I thought Pozzi would be too dark its subtle rich complexion is elegant and timeless. In due time I'd like to do Carbon boxes and will consider challenger rear grill but for now she's just fine :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BLC360, ml65, Todd Laing and 13 others like this.
  2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Welcome! looking forward to your driving impressions!

JustinNY likes this.
  3. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Great looking car

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    My suggestion would be to skip the carbon bits for the 360. It's not a factory option and to me at least, looks cheap and wrong on the car. Keep the air cleaner covers in the original aluminum. I think it looks best. The challenge grill is a very good option, especially in the south where temperatures can really get hot. The more ventilation the engine bay has, the better for all the expensive bits back there.

An option that I was missing is the Ferrari cap on the PS tank. I picked one up on eBay, along with the rest of the tank, for $100. The black cap is so wrong on these cars. I can't imagine why a new car owner would not spring for the fancy cap. It really stands out when looking through the rear engine glass.

When I picked up my car (Mike sold it to me), I was instructed carefully on how to "launch". The clutch on these cars burns out very fast if driven incorrectly. One way to save that expensive bit of kit is to let the clutch out without using ANY gas. There's a lot of low end torque at idle and the car can almost always get moving without using the gas. The exception is when parked on a decent incline. Otherwise, releases the clutch completely BEFORE adding gas in 1st gear. You'll save on clutch wear doing this. If you ever smell clutch while driving, you're doing something wrong. The clutch can last 40,000 miles if used properly. Or, it can be burned out in 10,000 if careless.

Ferrari of Atlanta has a pretty good reputation so you're probably going to be in good shape as far as surprises go. Still, there's a lot to break in a 360 and some of that stuff can be murderously expensive to fix if you bring it back to the dealer. The ability to turn a wrench and understand the trouble codes can save you a lot of time, frustration, and money. These cars are very easy to work on. They are meant to be taken apart and put back together again. Not many cars can claim that.

Enjoy driving! The best season is here.

p.s. Looks like you have 430 wheels.

Gated 360 Spider in Azzurro California / Crema
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Nice one Justin!

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats! great combo
    i wld do the challenge grill and carbon boxes as well. Mase tune and a new radio.

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Congrats! Beautiful car. Tasteful spec, with dark blue dash, piping on seats and blue seat belts. I generally agree with not adding carbon fiber, but I think the air boxes do look good and fit the car. You will love driving it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    armedferret likes this.
  9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    That might just be an old tubi maybe? Or is the one that says 360 the sport version?

11. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    I think OP was referring to a factory Tubi option, hence it has the Ferrari script on it instead of the aftermarket "360" or "360 Spider". It is clearly a Tubi from the appearance, not the base OEM exchuast. I wasn't even aware of it as a factory option before.

Very classy-looking 360!

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Is that a cs muffler actually?

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Talking to myself. That is the factory sport. The one with the 360 imprinted is the aftermarket tubi.

14. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Great looking car.. sent you a PM re a cover for it.

JustinNY likes this.
  15. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Congrats, fantastic looking F-car! With a little luck, I will be taking delivery of an '03 TDF next week.

JustinNY and armedferret like this.
  16. Dino6304

Dino6304 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2020
    CT
    Full Name:
    Laurence
    My 2002 Modena has a black plastic power steering reservoir cap. Was the polished aluminum cap an option.
    Maranello in the UK lists the aluminum cap for $287.
    Was this an option on the 360?
    Thanks

17. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I bought one from a breaker on eBay. I thought it was priced pretty low. I think they were selling the tank, which $100 would be fine, and it came with the Ferrari cap for free. I still have the tank if anyone needs one.

one4torque likes this.
  18. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Congrats on joining the club! You got a beautiful spec car, and I’m partial to blue fcars myself, with a gated TDF ‘03 spider.

As far as carbon fiber is concerned, do what you like. Some think it cheapens the car, but I like the CF look and think the aluminum trim dates it more. Plus for someone like me who racks up the miles like a maniac, the aluminum bits scuff easier, and CF hides blemishes better.

Either way, enjoy every minute of it - these cars are so rewarding for enthusiasts who’ve worked hard to achieve this dream!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Nice, exact spec on my 2004 gated spider except mine is TDF. Same exact interior. I use the Leatherique stuff twice a year on the seats and seems to work well and is pretty easy to apply and clean off. I LOVE my car, can afford newer cars but can't part with this one. It will keep your driving skills sharp while having a blast. Image Unavailable, Please Login

armedferret, Need4Spd and JustinNY like this.
  20. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    Beautiful car, Brett! I saw many today at FCA cars n coffee, the analog of this interior really does it for me. Newer ones are incredible but theres something about the simplicity of the machine and the driver that I’m not sure is captured in the same way.

BrettC likes this.
  21. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Where are you located having cars and coffee?

22. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    Long Island NY

23. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    I was able to meet Justin today at the Long Island cars and coffee. Beautiful car and a really nice guy to chat with.
    Good Luck with her - she's a great one!!!
    vasilios

24. UrbanHero

UrbanHero Rookie

Apr 18, 2019
    New York Pothole City
    Full Name:
    M
    Where was it held? I live in queens, i would go to one if I know ahead of time.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    Can't go wrong with F of A.

Enjoy!