Forza Motorsport Showdown | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsport Showdown

Discussion in 'Technology' started by NeuroSpeed, Feb 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroSpeed

NeuroSpeed Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam Whitener
    I just saw the first episode of this "reality" show on SPEED. As far as I can tell... they took some of the "best" drivers in the Forza game... and are slapping them in high-horsepower cars and telling them to race each other at Road Atlanta.

I'm baffled by the reasoning behind this. The first episode showed one majorly unsafe maneuver by one of the drivers (among other smaller ones), among various breakdowns. Especially considering I've driven at RA and know how close some of the walls are, and what it's like going through the final turn.

The previews for the next episode already show them doing a drifting competition around RA, and of course, someone backs a car into a wall.

Did anyone else watch the show? What were your thoughts? I'll probably continue watching it (via downloading) because it is mildly entertaining.

Adam

2. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They are not trying to hide the fact that this show is basically only on to promote the game. All the drivers are supposed to be professional, at some level. They refered to the sprint car racer as a young "prodigy", yet he was almost beaten by the drifter in a 350Z, a car with about 200 less hp.

3. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    The kid definitely doesn't measure up to the rest of the pack, he just happens to have a car with a huge horsepower advantage. The Z should not have even been able to attempt to pass that car. At least the chick in the mustang is somewhat attractive.

4. 1badimport

1badimport Karting

Oct 17, 2005
    Indiana
    As long as you look quickly and don't stare.

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Saw the last 5 minutes as I was attracted by the "Forza" in the title.

What I saw looked pretty hokie to me.

Ciao
    Phil Not Hill aka Dr. Phil
    Life's too short not to own a ferrari and be an F1 fan
    Forza Ferrari :)

6. early93viper

early93viper Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2006
    Olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I liked it. For a reality show I thought it was done well. Good to see some roadcourse racing. I highly recommend you catching it if you haven't seen it.

A couple of things that I didn't get:

How close are the cars to stock from the beginning? The mustang looked to be heavily modified but the 350zs on the C6 didn't seem to be modified much at all.

Obviously the 350Zs, challenger, and Camaro are going to be allowed WAY more modification then the Corvette C6. Right? A stock C6 vs the other stock other cars wouldn't even be a race. (At least in most of the events)

What is up with the older cars? You know there going to have more problems. Why put them in a race where it obviously is going to be VERY hard on the car. Was anyone surprised at the result?

7. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Those are the problems that I have with the show. I saw the whole thing with my brother as well, but I never qualified what had already been done to the cars, and what will be allowed to be done. Was it really a big surprise that the C6 came out on top after the first day, with the most "upgrade" points?

But that move that dumb*** drifter made trying to pass the C6 cutting the corners like that should have resulted in an IMMEDIATE ban from the track, doing something like that elsewhere would carry serious consequences with it, and yet the show just carries on like nothing happened. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my racing games, and I absolutely love all the time out on track that I get. But that is just giving parents more credibility when they say that kids aren't being taught the consequences of actions they make in the real world.

Of course, that 350z should never even have been able to keep up with the C6 in the first place. The level of talent they have on this show is utterly disturbing. Go to a real track event and pick any 6 people that just finished with the beginner group, and you'll have a better set of drivers.

8. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The brakes on the 350Z are stock and they apparently overheated. That is why Gushi went over the chicanes like that.