Fortune Motors Track Day - March 11, 2005 | FerrariChat

Fortune Motors Track Day - March 11, 2005

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by 308nut, Nov 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Fortune Motors Track Day

Friday March 11th at Carolina Motorsports Park

All Ferrari Club of America members and CAFE members are invited. If you are not a member of one of these
    clubs and you want to attend please call me. Space is offered to club members first.

Price for the event is

$225.00 per car with one driver
    additional $40 per driver
    spectators are $20.00 which includes lunch

You will receive full track day with insurance, track specific inspection of your car and lunch. We will provide corner workers fire and rescue, a mechanic to handle some minor repair issues and a very safe environment for you and your car. Please let me know as soon as you can if you will attend. Space is limited!!! A full track day video will be available for purchase at a later date.

Contact Wade at 504-236-3067 or [email protected]

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'm already registered folks. I figured I better spend my $$ before Xmas rolls around and Mrs. JRR gets to it first.

Whoo hooo... a pre-VIR warm up event !

-Daniel

p.s. "Now where'd I put all that blue painters tape?"

3. tesseract

tesseract Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Jeff W.
    Wade,

Thought I'd put this out here, rather than PMing, since others may have the same questions:

How much for passengers - won't be a driver, but won't be "just a spectator"?

Is there an age requirement for passengers?

Thanks

4. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Passengers are spectators! I will need to check with the track but I have had my son at track events when he was 12 and I never had any problems.

Wade

5. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
  6. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

... FYI ... it's an input capable PDF. Save Wade the hassle of reading your chicken-scratches -- type directly into the PDF then print, sign, and mail to him.

-d

7. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Anyone know where we could get a cheap but high quality helmet for me, preferably Simpson I guess... I need a helmet for track days weee

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Chris - I bought mine from http://www.soloracer.com/pyrofullfacesa.html.

DO NOT CHEAP OUT on a helmet. You only have one head and one brain... Buy an SA2000 rated helmet, because eventually the SA95's will be phased out. Don't quote me on this-- but I think FCA events already require SA2000 although some tracks might permit SA95's still. Mine is a Pyrotect which is essentially a division of BELL, and uses regular Bell tearoffs.

-Daniel

9. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Not cheap, I mean inexpensive. Good quality helmets at competitive prices is what I'm after... :D The one you linked is kinda what I'm after. We have one that looks exactly the same except it's a Simpson.

Boo... they discontinued the flag design! :(

http://store1.yimg.com/I/soloracerdotcom_1820_480523

Kinda cool, little out there for me though. Black with some Ferrari stickers sounds nice! :D

Hmm... similar Simpson helmets are approximately 350 dollars. Tis a hard decision, I'll see what my dad thinks of either, I will check warranties and insurance stuff that's on there as well. I don't think it would really matter, if something with either helmet went REALLY wrong he's a brain injury lawyer lol.

10. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
  11. ferrarisforme

ferrarisforme Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Chapel Hill NC 27514
    Full Name:
    Bryan Guarnieri
    I just can't keep quiet in regards to your desire to purchasing a helmet...ordering one online without the benefits of trying it on in person is a no-no! You must have a proper fit, and it is best to go to a store and try them on in person. We do not like selling helmets marked s, m, l, xl but prefer to sell helmets the way they should be based on head size: 6 3/4, 6 7/8, 7, etc.

As for Snell rating, yes this next season will be the last race season most sanctioning bodies will allow the SA1995. I can't imagine any store still having inventory of any SA1995 helmets so all you are going to find is SA2000 if you shop with ligitimate retailers. And before you even ask, no I would not recommend a gently used helmet. You do not know if it has ever been dropped and if it has then it more than likely will not work the way it is designed in the event of a collision. Yes, I know you do not want to think about collisions, but they are usually from events beyond our control and speed has nothing to do with it...the majority of times a collision at one of these events is caused by some automotive failure not necessarily driver inexperience.

If you have a chance to make it to VIR, speak with John at the Oak Tree Pro Shop - they are open just about every day and as long as you call to make an appointment and he knows you are coming in advance, we can get you in the gate and you can try on Simpson helmets in person. (Shameless plug I know, but when it comes to helmets I cringe at the thought of buying without trying...if it were a pair of socks I would have kept my mouth shut).

12. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Bryan and the crew at VIR are terrific, recommended highly, but there are several places to try closer to Charlotte.

The Simpson store at the Speedway (corner of Hwy 29, southwest end of the Speedway, next to the WKA headquarters) and tons of stuff in Mooresville up I-77(BSR comes to mind).

Got a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet!

More expensive isn't always better. My new Sparco WTT-F1 is not as good as my last two Bell Vortex...

-Peter

13. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Tell us more about the insurance.

Thanks,

ken

14. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    The insurance is Gen. Liability only it does not cover damage to cars. That will have to be coverd by your own insurance. The track coverage covers incidents like if someone gets seriously injured or killed NO property damage.

Wade

CMP has an excellent safety record, and hte track has a ton of run off space it is unlikely for any accidents. We will be running in group.

15. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I would also like to know about being a spectator or "passenger". If I came I'd want to ride with some people of course. Do people care if they have a passenger come along? Does it cost anything to get in if I just want to be a spectator/passenger? I've never been to a track day and even though I wouldn't be able to drive I'd still like to experience it. Thanks, Andy

16. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Most of us WELCOME taking along passengers and sharing the thrill... but you'll need an SA-rated helmet, or be able to borrow one. Regarding entry cost, see post #1 in this thread... passengers/spectators are $20.

17. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Is this event still open? I sent you an Email Wade.......

I just bought a car, so I didn't know I wanted to do it till now. Sorry for the late notice.

18. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Still possible?

19. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Still open.......but better hurry up.

I'm sending my check/registration today. I'm also ordering a G-Force Formula SA2000 Helmet. Now all I need is some Porsche Graphics to go all over it hahaha I also found soem 4-point harness's in the garage from my corbeau seats that a red/black I'm gonna install them tonight. All I'll have left to do is track wheels/tires!

20. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Sweet, well...dad want's me to hit a DE before I jump into a trackday.

21. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

...well, there goes the exclusivity of this event. Sheesh, even the riff-raff is coming.

JK Jeremy. It'd be cool to see you there!

22. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Ohh no you got it all wrong......this will elevate the event hahaha

Maybe I can give some driving lessons!! bwaaahaaa

looking forward to it guys!

23. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Uggh! You need the prancing horse! See examples at www.helmet-painting.com...

24. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Well there is a horse like animal on the porsche badge.....maybe I can put some shields on the fenders of my car like carbon's scuderia sebring. haha

25. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    UPDATE

Guys I need to get some confirmations in as we are running the risk of a postponement if I cannot reach the required numbers for participation. Please contact me today so we can have this event on it planned day. If we need to cancel I will alert all to the new date.

Wade