Fight! Fight! FIA and BAR at the bike racks after school! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Fight! Fight! FIA and BAR at the bike racks after school!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by hps, May 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    #76 Anthony_Ferrari, May 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I haven't seen that one anywhere. I am sure that after previous experience Jenson will want to be triple sure that any move cannot be challenged legally.

The FIA have told BAR to stop complaining about the punishment in pretty strong terms:
    As well as the 2 race ban the team were given a 6 month ban that was suspended. Basically, if the team keep on complaining they could be found guilty of bringing the sport into disrepute and the 6 month ban would be unsuspended.

Looks like Honda have got the message:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Just great. A gag order on top of everything else.

What kind of Banana Republic is FIA running?

Viva la Revolution! (Break-away! Break-away!)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I was a fan of the breakaway series for a long time, but I think it is a pipe dream: The teams so far have never been able to come to agreements on important issues. As much as we hate Mad Max and Bernie, at least they have the authority (if not the brains) to reach an agreement.

Remember the FISA-FOCA war and how the FOCA teams tried to run their own show? Pathetic is a word that comes to mind. Abismal is one that comes to mind regarding the FISA teams (a "race" between Ferrari, Alfa and Renault, yeah right).

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It was in yesterday's BILD. Granted not really the most reputable newspapers out there:

Spektakulärer Geheimplan: Button zu BMW – Heidfeld zu BAR
    ...Jetzt existiert ein Geheimplan, nachdem BAR-Mann Button mit BMW-Mann Nick Heidfeld (27) die Cockpits tauschen könnte. Heidfeld-Manager Werner Heinz zu BamS: „Auch wenn sich Nick bei BMW wirklich sehr wohl fühlt: Wenn Frank Williams jetzt Button will, dann betrifft das auch uns. In diesem Fall könnte alles sehr schnell gehen.“....

5. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Don’t think it’s over yet…

”Breakaway” manufacturers issue a new statement.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting link, thanks. This adds a new dimension to the whole break away series: So far I thought it was "only" about the TV rights and how big of a piece from Bernie's cake you get. But this has now some new side tones about the whole regulations and their enforcement. To me it sounds as if ALL the car manufacturers in this group are unhappy about BAR's punishment because of the way it was handled (accepting the cars for previous races, but then all of a sudden a scandal and allegations of cheating).

7. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    #82 Anthony_Ferrari, May 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like BAR were very worried about being punished further . I would guess that this will be enough to keep the FIA off their back for a while:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login