FF tune with exhaust valves control | FerrariChat

FF tune with exhaust valves control

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Altoria F, Mar 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Hi guys,
    At first I wanted to bolt a Capristo or Forza exhaust valves controler and noticed some tuners offer the ability to control the valves from the manettino.
    This option sounds nice to me: no box nor command addition, only commutation to "sport mode" and that's it.
    In an another hand this option implies a tune, perhap's not necessarily but at least it is in the package.
    Do some of you run some tune here?
    Would you share your feedback?

Btw:The FF not being a pure sport (aka Speciale or Pista) I don't want to simply bolt off the valves.

Thxs, P.

2. Elferink

Elferink Rookie

May 16, 2018
    the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mark Elferink
    Hello, I have placed the Capristo Remote Controller with the original (sports) exhaust.
    The difference between valves open and valves closed is very limited and in retrospect I would not have done this.

3. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Hello Mark and welcome to the forum - nice to have more Dutch FF owners on FChat!
    I'm about to put the capristo controller on but I may be able to cancel - is the limited difference perceived from outside the car as well as inside or is it just from the inside (once again, the superior sound deadening and double glazed windows are working almost too well!)

4. Elferink

Elferink Rookie

May 16, 2018
    the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mark Elferink
    It is limited outside the car as well as inside the car.
    I would save money or use it for other things on the car.
    By the way, you are very welcome to experience the sound with me. i live in the middle of the country.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    as far as I know the only way to control it via manettino is with ecu programming. thats how I did it using novi. I have full novice exhaust and the difference between valves open and closed is night and day.

6. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    So I went wi
    I asked Steve Mason to do that programming and he answered yes, so I ordered him the tune.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yep steve can do it

8. James Clooney

James Clooney Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    James Clooney
    I can echo the comments from Elferink and ANOpax: the difference is barely noticeable and IMO not really worth the investment, at least if that's the only mod you perform on the exhaust system.

9. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I just wanted not being forced to rev the engine above 3500 to hear "freely" the V12, when starting it in the garage and when driving at low speed.
    'Will see...

10. James Clooney

James Clooney Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    James Clooney
    Curious to hear your feedback and crossing my fingers it will deliver what you are expecting!

Altoria F likes this.
  11. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Ok I received and flashed the Mase tune.
    I have to check with Steve for details but the exhaust valves do open sooner in Sport Mode. They are not open from idle, I would say they open at 2000/2500 instead of 3500, allowing nice sound at lower speed, cool.
    Regarding the tune yes the engine feels a bit more snappy, like when 2 degrees more ignition angle in a superbike. A little bit more pops and burbles as well, fun.
    The power and performance are not my first goal with the FF but I'm a factual based results guy so I plugged my Performance Box and went to my favourite German road.
    My tests are 100-200 and 100-250, truly speaking imho and quick done so not so dangerous (without traffic of course).
    I did the both tests on the same road, no wind, first test by 20°C AT with the oem tune and second test with the Mase tune by 8°C AT.
    Lower AT helps but no doubt the car is faster.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

akshon and ANOpax like this.
  12. akshon

akshon Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Really appreciate the post. Not sure how much 1 second faster from 100-250km feels. Does the car feel noticeably faster?

13. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Thank you,
    A bit faster indeed but I wouldn't say "noticeably" faster, but for sure a bit more "angry" wich is very pleasant.

An F12B might complete the stable soon, I will plug the Vbox in and compare with it also.