FF Seatbelt Handover Arm | FerrariChat

FF Seatbelt Handover Arm

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 1313, Mar 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1313

1313 Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Bell
    Hi all

This seem to be the best place for advice on FF ownership and I'm hoping someone may be able to assist with an issue I have with my 2012 FF.

The driver's side seatbelt handover arm works perfectly with the exception of the little black plastic part doesn't tuck itself back behind the chrome finishing plate. The part I'm referring to is the bit which pops out to grab the belt on its way out and then folds back in just before the arm disappears behind the trim.

Here is a video to illustrate my issue - https://click.email.vimeo.com/?qs=88d2c51cd4b9a90c303b661948d760d3cff4ef220b7766b8929db107d0e10db9f0c99bcd049cc72bc7d255dae2c6f8b440012ffe7c7ed43b52deb82e3d834bc8

I can see lots of problems with seat belt handover arm operation but I can't see that anyone has had this particular issue. If anyone out there has experienced this I would be very grateful for your input before I decide whether it is worth taking the car to Ferrari to have it sorted. I am hoping there is a simple (and inexpensive) cure. I know simple and inexpensive don't tend to go hand in hand with Ferrari.

Thanks

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Mine is the same. My dealer said that it’s a common problem and not worth the price of the fix. I didn’t even bother to enquire at that point.

My wife’s old BMW 3 series coupe had the same system and it failed to work properly too. If the Germans can’t get it right, then what hope do the Italians have?

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I had a quote and this is indeed like 2k if it’s the same thing I’m thinking about. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 1313

1313 Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Bell
    Thanks very much for the replies.

I have just been quoted by the very helpful and efficient Graypaul dealership, £361.08 + VAT for the part plus fitting. I am waiting for an indication of the fitting cost.

I also have a window switch on which the one touch function does not work. I'm waiting for the dealer to indicate the cost to fix this. Has anyone experienced the window switch issue?

5. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    It occurred from time to time, but almost always with seat belt being caught in it to prevent it from being tucked in, and only on the passenger side with someone sitting there. I think that will occur when someone undo the seat belt and then open the door when the engine is still running.