Ferraris On The Vine Williamsburg winery 2011 | FerrariChat

Ferraris On The Vine Williamsburg winery 2011

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bighitter2, Mar 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    #1 bighitter2, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    'Ferraris On The Vine' at The Williamsburg Winery is now open for registration,dates are fri april 29 thru sunday may 1.. i was one of the lucky ones that went last year, great event.. last years guests included Dan Gurney ,David E. Davis jr and Jim Wangers. i don't know how they will top that but i won't miss it call Claudia Rinaldi at 1 757-229-0999 ext 141 or email her at [email protected], Chuck Coli.....the website is www.ferrarisonthevine.com

2. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #2 toggie, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. gcthree

gcthree Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2008
    Williamsburg, Va.
    Chuck, Ron and others....

As of yesterday, I've parted ways with the Winery. Given this public forum, I best not provide you with the sordid details. Suffice to say, the owners blew it Big Time. If you care to hear the story, feel free to pop me a note at [email protected], and I'd be happy to share.

Those of you who have attended know of my role and vision in this project. I'll leave you to your own judgments on what to expect. Understandably, I will not attend.

Best Regards,
    Bob Weber

4. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Whoa.

5. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Wow. Well that's a bummer...you did a superb job with last year's event.

6. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow, Bob, that's quite a bombshell... Sorry to hear that.

I was on the fence about attending this year's event -- I think I just had my decision made for me...

- Eric

7. Bobbytinvab

Bobbytinvab Karting

Jan 22, 2010
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Full Name:
    Bob T
    Wow Bob what a bummer,

Sorry to hear this ... hope you have something "New and Fun" to work on next.

Keep us up to speed on what's next for you,
    Bob T

8. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    With a final event schedule not yet published and the lead organizer now leaving, what does this say for the upcoming event?

9. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    You didn't mention the non-refundable registration fee ("Trust us, you'll really like what we think we'll have!") and the $110 minimum increase in costs over last year.

10. jfortner

jfortner Karting

Apr 28, 2010
    Lanexa, VA
    Full Name:
    Joe A Fortner
    My wife and I are already signed up for this year's event. If we enjoy it, we'll do it again in the future. If we don't, we won't.

Everything we have heard about the 2010 FOTV has been good and this year's event has to meet a high standard. I am looking forward to it.

JAF

11. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The problem is that Bob is the one who made the last couple of years really great and there is considerable doubt that this years will be great without him.

12. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    We definitely miss Bob around here -- he's a visionary and created an amazing event with FOTV. I'm hoping I can follow in his footsteps in some respect, and make him proud!

We have some exciting plans and are pounding out the details. I hope to have a schedule posted next week. Speakers will include Lee Holman (Holman Moody) and Leo Levine ("Ford: the Dust and the Glory") -- we'll be at the Richmond Car Show next weekend with Mr. Holman and his GT40.

Stay tuned...

cheers!
    Claudia

13. gcthree

gcthree Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2008
    Williamsburg, Va.
    Claudia is the best Marketing exec I've ever hired in my career, end of story. Huge capabilities, remarkable focus, great vision and one of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. I will never be able to say enough good things about her.

I know she, personally, will do everything she can to bring what she can together. This week, her task became, needlessly, so much more difficult.

Bob

14. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    The Duffeler family is looking forward to the third Ferraris on the Vine. Claudia Rinaldi and the Marketing Team are closing in on the last details of the schedule which was inspired by our good friend, Bill Ebert. We look forward to firming up all the details of this exciting weekend by sending out the detailed program of the activities this week. We plan to see it a better event than the last two years and look forward to welcoming you on Wessex Hundred to talk about beautiful cars and the heydays of motor racing over great food and good wine.

Patrick II, Patrick, Françoise and Kristen Duffeler

15. dwrom

dwrom Rookie

Feb 15, 2010
    Northern Va
    Full Name:
    David R.
    We had a great time last year and we are already registered to go this year. Bob will definitely be missed.

16. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    #16 bighitter2, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I will miss Bob Weber this year, i am also grateful for the Duffeler's to bring this FUN event to us Ferrari Guys, i will be there with the Daytona again this year can't wait for the weekend..Claudia is awesome, don't under estimate her! Chuck Coli
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Hey guys,
    All of you who made it to this event last year know how good it was... I'm friends with Bob and have a lot of respect for him also. Based on what Bob has said above, we need to all sign up and be a part of this event this year to help and support Claudia! She is working really hard to put this together and I think we should give her the opportunity to pull this thing off...
    Look forward to seeing you all there!
    Hank

18. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Good words, Hank, and very true. Many thanks to the Duffeler Family, Claudia and Bob for having established this type of event in our area. In the past two years I've met Derek Daly, Dan Gurney and David E. Davis, all icons in the American racing scene. Without FotV that would not have happened . . . not to mention the pleasure of meeting many other Ferrari enthusiasts, great food and wine and a beautiful place to hangout, the Williamsburg Winery. Sure wish Bob was still on the team (he's a valued member of the FCA-MAR) but, sadly, he's not. I'm confident "the show will go on" and I'll meet a guy who shook-up Ferrari's world for several years back in the mid-sixties.

Bill

19. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    After spending a weekend with Mr. Holman and Foreign Cars Italia at the Richmond Motortrend Car Show, I'm even more excited about FOTV weekend (is it possible?). Mr. Holman is a such great storyteller, and a darn nice guy. Here's what we have planned so far...

Friday, April 29
    Decanter Award Winning Wine Dinner
    Café Provencal at Wedmore Place
    7pm-10pm
    Enjoy a private, multi-course dinner prepared by Chef Tim Westby-Gibson. Each course will be paired with one of The Williamsburg Winery’s Decanter World Wine Award-winning wines.

Saturday, April 30
    Road Trip and Lunch
    9am-3pm
    Test your driving skills on a local airstrip, and then enjoy a catered picnic on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay.

Gala Dinner
    Exhibition Tent
    6:30pm-9pm
    Join us for a four-course, wine paired gourmet Italian meal under the big tent. Dinner among the Ferraris will be followed by an insider’s look at Ford’s takeover at the 1966 Le Mans race. Guests will include Lee Holman of Holman Moody, and a representative from Ferrari North America.

Sunday, May 1
    Brunch in Colonial Williamsburg
    9:30-11AM
    Williamsburg Inn

Lunch and Exhibition
    Gabriel Archer Tavern and Exhibition Tent
    Noon-3:00pm
    Begin the festivities with a casual private lunch (Ferrari participants only) catered by the Gabriel Archer Tavern, and then enter the tent for the concours d’elegance and prizes!

A bit about Featured Speaker LEE HOLMAN:
    Unable to purchase Ferrari in his bid to own a Le Mans-winning car, Henry Ford II did the next best thing; he built his own. Part of his strategy in this quest was to add Holman-Moody, traditionally a stock-car team, to their racing lineup in 1966. The team entered the Le Mans field with three Mark IIs – and came in third in a one-two-three Ford finish. Lee Holman continues to run Holman Moody, restoring Ford race cars and building GT Mark II Le Mans continuation cars.

I look forward to seeing you all soon!!! -claudia

20. Bobbytinvab

Bobbytinvab Karting

Jan 22, 2010
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Full Name:
    Bob T
    Sounds great Claudia,

Sorry I missed you at the show in Richmond this last weekend ... darn rain on Thursday.

For anyone considering coming to FOTV: I couldn't agree more with Hank and Bill, FOTV was excellent last year and we plan on being there again this year. Bob did a wonderful job and he will definitely be missed, but we can count on Claudia to pull it all together for 2011. I'm looking forward to the airport runs, not to mention the food and people to meet.

Bob

21. jfortner

jfortner Karting

Apr 28, 2010
    Lanexa, VA
    Full Name:
    Joe A Fortner
    Claudia:

It looks like the program is really coming together. Kathie and I are leaning forward in our foxholes.

Any chance of getting the Williamsburg Police to assist with radar guns for the airport runs? I would be happy to give an officer a ride in my 328.

Thanks for your efforts.

JAF

22. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    Hi Mr. Fortner - That's a great idea...I'll see what the MPs say (it's military turf). In lieu of such cooperation, there's an app for that, and we'll use our iPhones to check speed. And then I'LL take that ride in your 328!

23. jfortner

jfortner Karting

Apr 28, 2010
    Lanexa, VA
    Full Name:
    Joe A Fortner
    Claudia:

Somehow I had the Williamsburg/Jamestown airport in mind since it is virtually next door to the winery. So which airport will we be using?

And I would be delighted to take you for a ride in my 328.

JAF

Life is good; it's better if you are driving a Ferrari.

24. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2009
    Arlington
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I don't know about Virginia but it is possible to rent laser guns if you con't borrow them. They shouldn't be too expensive and allow for superior readings than iphones.

25. trek1200

trek1200 Rookie

Mar 15, 2011
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Full Name:
    Michael Collins
    Claudia, will the MPs that are governoring the runs have radar with them? If so, maybe they would lend the use of the guns for a ride or two?