Ferrari worn dash board | FerrariChat

Ferrari worn dash board

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Adnannn, Oct 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adnannn

Adnannn Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    Does any one know where to fix worn dash boards of Ferrari 599 GTB in oman or uae ?I have two areas to be repaired steering wheel/speed panel head and air bag passenger side the leather is worn and tearing down:( Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    In Kuwait we have many options, guys who do interior work, new leather, restorations and at all price points. Some really talented craftsmen mostly from Pakistan who know how to work with leather. I am sure you have the same in Oman and UAE.

3. Adnannn

Adnannn Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    I found a few in Oman but I don't trust quality of their work plus market of Ferrari s back here is down so not many people have done those works on their Ferrari s out side of dealer,,, and I don't want to be the first one :(

4. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    You want to know something interesting, even the dealer gets those guys from outside to do the work, they don't have in house leather/interior guys and even if they do, they are not as experienced as the outside guys. Why don't you trust their work? tell them to show what they have done and use your judgement.

It reminds me of an old Ferrari friend who told me years ago, at the end of the day a Ferrari is just another car, like a Suzuki or Toyota underneath. We think only the dealer can touch it, which is absolutely not true.

5. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Speak to Alex Renner in DXB (Milind Coutinho if he's still there) they will have trimmers on tap that they use during the extensive restorations that they undertake.

6. Adnannn

Adnannn Rookie

Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks guys I will try to speak to Alex Renner ---

Ferrari is just another car but over here there aren't many of them out on road so I would prefer to drive down to DXB get it fixed ---- if you got any contact detail in Dubai that would be use full thanks

7. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Polimar does high end leather work in Dubai. They did the dashboard on my TR a few years ago and it seems to be holding up.