Ferrari Sightings | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Just a quick note for those of you who haven't seen the Enzo yet (..and that was me until yesterday), they have a yellow Enzo at the Maserati dealership here in Charlotte.
    Wish I would have had my camera with me as they had a yellow Carrera GT parked next to it. It would've been the trifeca with a yellow SLR, but I'm not sure if they even make the SLR in yellow.
    Anyway.....made my day, as I had stopped by just to get a little inspiration before a job interview (keeping my eye on the prize). Now if they'd just stock an occasional vintage F car, they'd make my year.

2. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    nice.

in columbia today (2/19), at the intersection of forest drive and trenholm which is out towards ft. jackson, saw a silver 360 pull in to an exxon station (and almost bottom out it looked like, might have been an optical illusion though)

then as i turned onto trenholm, saw what appeared to be a red 355, but on second thought might have just been a kit car:-(. it had a 355 rear end but it looked too short and stubby to be a real fcar

3. laxplayer98

laxplayer98 Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Neill
    Any Pics?

There hasn't been anything out around here lately

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason

probly buddy's car, the 360

5. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    ah sweet, guy looked pretty tall, dark skinned maybe? i cant imagine theres that many silver 360's running around richland county though

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    There is a great group of guys in town that have F Cars. We normally meet at the Starbucks in Trenholm plazza. Last week, 4 360's, Twin Tubo Porsche, GT3, Austin H 3000, Testorosa, M6, I may be leaving something out. I think we have something good going on. Great cars, but the new friends are terrific.

7. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    The 360 must have been Autin Myers, international man of mystry. Go to www.x-plane.com

8. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    wow thats pretty crazy. i hope you guys all enjoyed todays amazing weather, would have been perfect to take one of those beauties out for a spin.

you dont happen to know any viper owners do you? i keep seeing a modded red gen2 (i think) and a stock looking black srt10 drivin around. unfortunitly the red gen2 owner seems to think USC's campus is his personal racetrack though

edit// any pictures from these gatherings? i think i might just die if i see multiple 360's sitting with a porsche TT and GT3

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

What? No Bull? (I thought we were going in a different direction!)

10. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Go to Austin's website and read about his adventures, expecialy the one about the Ferrari, it's reallly funny. There are some pics or us flying into Greensboro, Daniel picked us up at the airport and deposited us at FCI, but they did not have the car he wanted. Ferrari of Washington fulfilled that request.

I would be glad to show pics, but have not learn how to do so.

11. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    do you have these get togethers pretty often?

and are they open to the public?

12. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Saw a red 360 with challenge grill going west on I-26 TODAY about 11am

Anyone we may know

Wade

13. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    in the rain? thats not very nice

14. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Why not? It's just a car...it washes off. ;)

15. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Rob is right..........better to be out driving in the rain than sitting in the garage on a sunny day!!!

16. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    MAY CAR HAS NEVER SEEN THE RAIN...WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING?? IF THE SKY TURNS DARK, I HEAD FOR HOME....SOMETIMES I CAN NOT MAKE IT BACK IN TIME, SO THIS IS WHEN THE TRUSTY BLUE TARP COMES INTO PLAY. MY TARP IS VERY LARGE, AND I WRAP THE 348 AT LEAST TWO OR THREE TIMES TO ASSURE THAT NO WATER TOUCHES THE PRECIOUS METALS OR PAINT.... SOME FOLKS WILL LAUGH WHEN THEY RIDE BY AND SEE THE BLUE WORM LOOKING CREATURE SITTING ON THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY....NOT TO MENTION THE WET RAT STANDING BESIDE THIS CREATURE...I KEEP TELLING MYSELF, THEY WOULD DO THE SAME IF THEY WERE IN MY SHOES..................YEAH RIGHT!!!!! I WOULD DRIVE THE 348 IN THE SNOW, IF WE EVER GOT ANY!! FERRARI'S LOVE THE RAIN!!!!

17. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    hahahaha. first time i met you it was raining on us lol. hey jay you comin to charlotte this saturday for the show?

18. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Andy-I don't know for sure. I may be in Charlotte for the CAFE gathering....I think it is this weekend...I will have to double check the dates.

-Jay

19. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    oh crap theres something this weekend too? I thought they had something last weekend.

20. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    hope you guys are all enjoying this beautiful carolina day

21. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Saw a black Boxer this morning in downtown Cary. Beautiful car!!!

22. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

spotted ... a boxer 512 injection...concord nc!

oh yaeh, i was the guy driving with the big grin!!!

23. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I saw a silver 360 Spider pulling off of Lake Pine onto Highway 64 in Cary/Apex and there is a black Mondial at European Performance on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh that I looked at tonight.

24. 10boom

10boom Karting

Jan 5, 2005
    WA
    Do any of you guys know if Sterling Sharpe still has his red 512 TR? I remember as a kid growing up in Columbia I would see him in it from time to time. I remember the day he had both of them delivered in Columbia at Phillips on Two notch. I was like 16 and I about wet my pants standing next to Sterling's red 512 and his brother Shannon's black one.

25. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    sterling and shannon sharpe are from columbia? interesting, do they still have a house around here somewhere?