Ferrari of Denver | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Denver

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by craiginco, Nov 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #1 craiginco, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So I have exited FOD for the last time. I have never in my life seen such a poor dealership always trying to rip you off. I first bought an 03 360 Spider in 2006. Being my first real exotic, I was a newbie and made all the mistakes. Overpaid by 20K and got screwed on trade in by at least 10K (SL65). Then took the car to Newport Beach and it needed a new clutch 800 miles in (clutches are 7K - didn't know that). Then they informed me the car had been in an accident.... Called FOD who said they were not aware of that... (I did ask salesperson at time of sale and he said, "we don't deal in cars that have ever been in accidents" -that was obviously a lie... So so to 2009, go to FOD for a trade in, They say they cant give me much because it had been in an accident...REALLY??? They say 80K tops and they can't come off the 189K sticker for a 2006 F430 spider - oh yeah, my 360 has 430 wheels, full carbon and 7K stereo which means NOTHING.... So I go to Lamborghini who gives me 110K and a nice discount off a 2010 LP560 Spider (which is a better car anyway). Plus they treat you great where as at FOD you have to beg to be spoken to. So round 3... Looking to trade a Gallardo for Ferrari F1 Spider - My 05 Gallardo has 08 Lambo wheels, 12K in carbon, a brand new clutch, a 3 year warranty with 2 years left, custom radar, 9K sound system, 7K exhaust, clearbra and looks 99% new... They offer 76K and can't budge on the 199K price of the F430. Really, thats insulting... I get a new car every 2 years and I 110% guarantee if I even think about a Ferrari, FOD would be the last place I ever go...
    Pretty stupid way to treat customers. Eveyone in Denver knows me because of the 2 lambos and Ferraris. They always want to talk cars... I always tell them Lambo, Lambo Lambo.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mark Dismuke - FoD

Aug 5, 2009
    Lone Tree Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark E. Dismuke
    Craig,
    I am truly sorry to hear you feel this way and this strongly! I have attempted to change the culture of the store to one that does try to provide a friendier, easier environment do buisness in. As far as your dealings with the stroe prior to just over a year ago I cant say, but I was one of the guys you spoke to when you came in the other day, the way I recall you were short on time, had no time to discuss details and said, "just shoot me a number". Every negotiation needs a starting place and $199k for a heavily optioned, Ferrari Certifed 430 Spider F1 is certainly in the realm of the current retail market, we are always flexible. Your Gallardo is in fantastic condition, looks great and of course I'd love to have it on trade, but according to the VIN# it's a 2004, not a 2005. Retail on 2004's with comperable mileage is high $80k's. I feel confident that Todd with Lamborghini of Denver knows me as well as my philosophies well enough that he'd agree I am not the BIG BAD car guy you make me out to be. Again I'm sorry that you feel this (Ferrari Chat) is the place to express your anger rather contacting me directly to share your feelings. I am available everyday if you'd like to discuss this further. - Mark Dismuke, General Manager - Ferrari of Denver

3. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #3 craiginco, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    Well you are correct Mark, I did have to leave unexpectly the other day but it does not negate my simple belief that there are some serious pricing issues at FOD, a quick search on ebay, turned up this 4700 mile 2008, quick call got this car at 185K - it is very similar to yours. Now as far as the Gallardo, the cheapest one I found on ebay was 86700. It has 2x my milage and zero extras - but as the salesman said, extras don't mean anything (except to the next buyer who wants newer Lambo wheels, clearbra, a radar, a great stereo and, oh my GOD, a WARRANTY!!! What do you guys charge like 5K+ a year for warranty - Of course all those extras should probably be the basis for offering me 10K less than a POS off ebay....
    I simply stated my experiences with FOD since 2006 and it's all been bad... Sorry. Now with Lambo, always good. I always do all the extras at Car Toys, always good (amazing work). I just think (and just my opinion) you may want to try a few changes and maybe get someone under 50 into a Ferrari. I know I'm great advertising for Lambo...

So maybe the 124K difference should have been a little less...

I think instead of that deal, I'll just keep my 2 Lambos and add 60K and buy this one.... So you were actually offering me say 60K for my Lambo with 40K in extras all in the last year... Any takers at that price??? LOL

Ferrari F430 Spider
    -Rossa Corsa Red
    -Tan Leather

-One Owner CarFax
    -Carboceramic Brake System
    -6 CD Changer
    -Carbon Fibre Driving Zone
    -Electronically Powered Daytona Style Seats
    -Scuderia Ferrari Shields
    -Parking Sensors
    -Challenge Rims
    -Special Stitching
    -High Power HIFI With Subwoofer

Scottsdale Ferrari is proud to present this spectacular 2006 Ferrari Spider. You will never get lost in this beauty, with its satellite navigator, you will get where you need to go. Also with its high power HIFI, subwoofer, and its daytona style seats you are guaranteed to ride in style. Come down and take a look for yourself or give us a call.

4. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I did see a Gallardo at 83K - 4 owners and 3x my milage... Any the above one, also 4 owners... LOL

5. nightdriver

nightdriver Rookie

Jul 22, 2009
    Craig,

I agree and my previous experience at FOD has been terrible. Until, we started dealing with Mark. We buy several cars a year for our exotic car rental business and have always been treated terribly by every dealer we have worked with. When Mark showed up we began working with him and Derek and have had great experience. I share your frustrations with pricing and after market add ons. I do however think Mark is one who you can work with and find a common ground together. He has been great with us.

6. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Craig, my experience with FOD has been the polar opposite of yours. I bought my Maserati Coupe from Mark last year, and it was the easiest, most pleasant, straightforward & above-board car purchase I've ever made. All done over phone, fax & e-mail, to include a trade-in, which I also felt I got a very fair value on.

Mark, along with Jeff in Service, and Randy in Parts (followed by Mark Swigert after Randy left) have also been extremely helpful with any questions I've had after the sale - whether it had to do with needing a replacement part, or just a question about something I wasn't familiar with on the vehicle.

I would recommend these guys to anyone.

7. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    I also can say FOD has alway treated me great, Derek always helps me out even if I show up in a $500 BMW (hehe) and Jeff in service spends time even on the most stupid questions, problems, parts and concerns.

They have sold some of my cars as consignments 2000 M5 and Porsche 911 SC and always got fair values. I also purchased a 2003 911 c2 cab from them many years ago.

Derek even emails me when something unique comes in that he knows I might have interest which is the only dealer in town that does that!

I do have to say spending $40k on upgrades is about on the same level as putting a pool in your backyard in Denver or spending $250k on landscaping and then complaining that when I appraiser your home the pool or landscaping added little to no value.

8. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I can't speak to your experience, but I know from involvement in the industry that unfortunately aftermarket add ons often don't add any value and sometimes hurt value. My brother who worked at a dealer would strip off every bit of aftermarket add ons before putting a vehicle on the lot for sale. The dealer didn't want to be responsible for another organization parts or installation. It was good for me as I could get those goodies for free or close to it.

Nice cars by the way.

9. gwtw1944

gwtw1944 Rookie

Feb 21, 2010
    Castle Pines CO
    Full Name:
    Rhett
    Craig, now that Lambo is gone in Denver...where do you go?

10. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    This guy is ******. Don't feed the troll.

FOD and Derek are great guys.

11. whatspeedlimit?

whatspeedlimit? Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    I think this thread should be removed. theres no reason why this couldn't have been dealt with with a simple phone call, rather than dump all over Ferrari Of Denver on a public forum.

12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Dismuke's reply makes FoD look good. I would leave it up.

13. gwtw1944

gwtw1944 Rookie

Feb 21, 2010
    Castle Pines CO
    Full Name:
    Rhett
    It is a valid thread...good guys or bad it is best when all views are allowed to be expressed. Yes, a discussion with FOD would have been appropriate and yes it appears the art of negotiation is not a strength...leave the thread and eliminate the name calling.

14. Four7EightBHP

Four7EightBHP Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 20, 2005
    USA - Colorado
    In a world where it's humans buying and selling cars made by humans, sometimes there are problems. Of course, perfection is the goal. The real test comes when working through difficulty. Based on my experience with Ferrari of Denver, I assume they will take immediate and legitimate steps to satisfy any concerns.

Ferrari of Denver has consistently provided me accurate information in a helpful manner.

The service department is excellent. Knowledgable and helpful. One of the very top rated Ferrari technicians in the entire world is right here in Colorado ready to serve.

When price is a priority consideration, there will always be a cheaper car or a better deal.

My personal experience with Ferrari of Denver has been extraordinarily good.

15. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Glad you guys all had great experiences with FOD. I was simply stating my experiences. If I didn't post pics, you all would say I was lying but guess you can do that now. Well keep going back to them and getting all those great deals and service. Oh, Bluehinder, calling me names? How old are you 4? I'm sure I'll run into you sooner or later, love to see what you will say to my face... So brave behind a computer.

16. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    "Eveyone in Denver knows me because of the 2 lambos and Ferraris"

That's funny, I've never heard of you. I guess I don't follow the used car market.

17. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    So you have never traded in a used car? It's because of idiots like you these boards are worthless. Post an honest opinion and you get this... Done wasting my my time here...

18. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    I think you posted your honest opinion, based on your own particular viewpoint - and others posted theirs.

Obviously you're unhappy because you didn't get a load of support - but now you're taking your toys & going home? And you accuse someone ELSE of being four years old?

I think you might consider re-evaluating your position with the dealership - you had some kind of misunderstanding, or clash of expectations - they reached out to try & re-shape your opinion, and you've so far declined.... obviously no one else who's posted on this thread feels the same way as you do, so what does that tell you? That we're all d*ckheads out to get you? Or does it tell you that perhaps your situation could be unique & maybe you should ask yourself: "Why am I the only one that holds this opinion, and might this be worth me attempting to reestablish a different kind of relationship?"

Food for thought.

19. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    #19 Imola2001, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
    I have always had positive experiences with FOD.

Spending less than 3 minutes looking online, I found the following on NADA.com:

Low RETAIL: $78,400
    Average RETAIL: $91,400
    High RETAIL: $99,400
    *prices based on clean vehicle history report (which your car does not have)

So, they offered you $76,000 as TRADE-IN, and you are unhappy?

So, they offered to sell you one of their cars for "list price", and you are unhappy?

That seems like a reasonable reply to "shoot me a number" for somebody who spends 5 minutes at the dealership, and is not willing to sit down and talk about it.

20. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    What that tells me is perhaps those with bad experiences are not comfortable calling out a dealer in a public forum. Just because other bad experiences are not being posted here does not mean no one else has had a bad experience with FOD. Just sayin' . . .

21. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

22. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    The attitude in your last two posts speaks volumes about the kind of customer you are. I wouldnt be surprised if you have been fired as a customer before. Some people wont be pleased no matter what you do.

23. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I don't like them either - won't sell me a 458!!!! ;-)

24. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    #24 GrndLkNatv, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

Well I have personally known Mark Dismuke for over 30 years, his parents too, in fact my younger brother and Mark graduated from high school together. What I have seen described here is not what I have experienced myself with the dealership, nor who I know Mark to be... I have had nothing but great interaction with FoD and Mark and as he says the door is always open, thats just who he is! Mark is nothing but fair! There are just some people who would complain even if God gave them the keys to heaven.

25. RMRClub

RMRClub Rookie

Mar 7, 2008
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm really sorry for your bad experience. I haven't purchased a car from FOD, but they have serviced my 328 and Dino 246. Their work was exceptional. In each case the service department worked with me to ensure I agreed with their technical approach to the repair, the cost, and then followed up to make sure I was satisfied with the end result. Whenever I'm in FOD with one of the cars, Bill Stewart and/or Mark Dismuke ask if there is anything they can do to accommodate me, which in my mind is going above and beyond. So my time with FOD has been very positive, I just wish I could find a service department that's half as good for my other cars.