Ferrari Friendly Restaurant Parking in Miami | FerrariChat

Ferrari Friendly Restaurant Parking in Miami

Discussion in 'Florida' started by lewis, Aug 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lewis

lewis Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    South Florida
    I have seen some hit-and-miss threads about restaurant parking in Miami, but not one in quite a while.

I am curious what restaurants you go to that have safe/comfortable parking for your Ferrari.

The Ritz on Key Biscayne is, in my limited experience the best. It is covered and they let you park up front for free (but you should tip the guy at least $10)

I was at Il Gabbiano last weekend, I parked up front. The valet said he had to get my keys in case there was an emergency (fire lane, etc), but that if it needed to be moved he would come get me - he needed the keys just in case they couldn’t find me. Well, guess what - came out and my car was moved. Luckily no damage - but annoying.

Prime 112 will let you park up front for $40 bucks (depending on the car - they let a buggati park for free when I was there last) - the thing I don’t like is they get so busy with people jumping in and out of cabs, that you are bound to get a door ding.

Anyway - I would love any other tips of restaurants that have Ferrari friendly parking in Miami / Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks,
    Lewis

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Most of the Valets on Ocean and the big hotels on Collins are pretty good. Just tell them to keep it out front. On a weekend it will cost you $40-$100 depending where you are

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Merrick Park in Coral Gables very good.

4. DannyNieves

DannyNieves Rookie

Aug 24, 2010
    Hi Lewis,

Im really picky where I leave my car too. One thing I learned though is that just about anywhere that has Valet, they will let you leave your car right out front and take your keys for an extra $20-$40.

Some of my favorite spots are,

The Fontainebleau hotel on 44th and Collins, they have a lot of great restaurants inside including Gotham Steaks and plus all the bars and lounges. They will let you leave the car right up front for $40-$60 (Depending on the valet guy, they always try to hustle you).

Mary Brickell Village in Brickell, they have a few good restaurants including a coupe of steak houses, PF Changs, Blue Martini, and a few others. The Valet guy will let you leave your car right out front and take your keys with you for $40-$50.

Smith & Wollensky on South Beach, you can park right in front of the restaurant for $20 and take your keys with you.

Dolphin Mall has a few good restaurants too (Texas De Brazil, Kobe's, PF Changs), If you go in through the Valet they will let you leave it VIP right out front for $20. (After 9:00PM the main entrance to the valet is closed and only VIP right out front parking can park, you have to go in through the Do Not Enter side by TGI Fridays).

Pretty much any hotel on south beach will let you leave your car on the hotel's ramp for $40-$60 without the Valet moving it. There has been a few occasions that they ask to hold the keys and I come outside to find out it has been moved a car or two up.

Let me know if you find out about any other good ones!

-Dan

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Bal Harbour mall typically has an impressive array of exotics parked out front

Where else can you see several 16Ms, Murcielagos, Phantoms, & Bugs all in 1 place ?

6. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Agreed.

SLS's, G's, if it's in SoBe, Bal Harbour is a good spot to find it.

7. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    #7 nsxter, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    Do what I do, leave the good car in the garage and take the truck. I don't trust anyone. I know of too many Valet horror stories, from ex-Valets. :(

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Ferraris, Bentleys, Maseratis, are parked out front and not moved by the valets at Abrracci in Coral Gables. You pay the valet when you leave, with a tip, no problem.

9. SorpassoRosso

SorpassoRosso Karting

Jun 5, 2008

Perfect answer for this thread.

10. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    #10 blackbolt22, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    The wife and I used to valet park the Porsche along Ocean Drive once in a while on Sunday afternoons. Seems like it was $25-30 a year or so ago.

We haven't taken the F there yet. What is the going rate now? I'm not paying more than $40 to park on principle alone.

11. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    This is nuts, if parking your car is such a worry , why have it? Its just a car , the dings can be removed. The B-O from the valet will air out. I thought this sense of *****ness was reserved for Lambo drivers. If you can't enjoy a meal without being preoccupied about your car, you need to buy a Camry. Let me guess, If you're half way to the restaurant and see rain clouds, you probably head home. Right?

12. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    #12 nsxter, Aug 25, 2010
    If it's "just a car" then yes, buy a Camry, that's all you need or a maybe a Yugo. So either you don't care about what you worked so hard to get or you have too much money to worry about it. So why are you on Ferrari Chat then? Is it because the dings and dents good for your business?

13. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Sorry but have to agree with Adam, you have to enjoy your car, whatever
    exotic or cool car you may have. Pay the money and park it up front.
    Have to stop adding to the list of why one can't take out or use a car;
    weather, distance, neighborhood, mileage, Armageddon, etc etc......

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #14 RP, Aug 25, 2010
    To each his own. I would completely agree with NSXTER on this. Its easy to criticize if you do not care about a car's value because you have money to burn, or you do not own a nice exotic, or any exotic.

Repaint because of dings on a regular car has minimal effect on the value of that car. Repaint a panel on a Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, etc, will have a possibly serious effect on the value at the time of sale. I would not buy a late model exotic that had its paint broken.

We are not talking about driving the car, I would agree with another FChatter on that, not driving the car is like saving your girlfriend for her next boyfriend. Not driving the car for fun is silly, and I can not speak for the rest, but when I have owned a "sports car", like my Boxer, I loved to drive them in the rain.

The original concern was the issue of safely parking your car, not driving it. I was really concerned about someone backing into the nose of my Boxer because it was long an low, and I would have a hell of time trying to find replacement parts for 25 year old car. So, I would drive the Audi I owned at the time. But even then, I was concerned about dings because it was a lease car and use a chart to measure dings. If your ding was too big, you had to pay an extra fee at lease end.

Like I said, to each his own. The criticism is not warranted.

15. lewis

lewis Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    South Florida
    Guys,

I appreciate the tips - thank you

With regard to not worrying about the car and turning around if I see rain clouds, I agree - if you can't enjoy your Ferrari (or really any possession) without worry, what is the point of having it.

However, like most things in life, taking some precautions can enhance the enjoyment of activities like driving and parking one's Ferrari. Everyone has a different sliding scale of "precaution" that they might take ranging from leaving your Ferrari parked on the street unlocked with the keys in the ignition to only driving the car in perfect weather once a year.

My post was intended to acquire information about places to park my Ferrari so I could take, what I perceive as reasonable precautions, such that I can enhance my enjoyment of taking my Ferrari to dinner.

I get that everyone probably has a different perception of reasonable "precautions" and nothing we say in these posts will likely change that.

Thanks again for all your input and I will be sure to add to this if I find more.

Best,
    Lewis

16. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #16 tiara4300, Aug 25, 2010
    This really is funny to me . Why is a $35k Ferrari so much more dear to one's heart then a $50k BMW which we all agree is no big deal to park in Valet? How can you say that touching up a spot on a Ferrari greatly hurts the value anymore then it hurts a Mercedes? I fix them both day in and day out, and so far nobody has cried that their investment is now worthless. This sense of self importance is why people love to make fun of Ferrari owners. I'm an active member of this site because I love the technical information and the wealth of knowledge here. I own many cars and drive them all rain or shine. Heck I even let the valet guy sit and drive my Ferraris. You never see the guys on the Porsche sites worrying that their car may be parked where everyone can't watch them drive off . On the Porsche forums you see topics about going fast.....

17. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    #17 nsxter, Aug 25, 2010
    Sindo, how about the time we parked the cars at the Shopping Mall, several years back (opposite of my way of thinking but did it), would you park your F430 there too?
    Just use a particular vehicle for a particular purpose. You don't wear a suit and tie to play volleyball. But like Ron said, "to each his own."

18. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    #18 nsxter, Aug 25, 2010
    Like I said, to each his own. The criticism is not warranted.[/QUOTE]

My post was intended to acquire information about places to park my Ferrari so I could take, what I perceive as reasonable precautions, such that I can enhance my enjoyment of taking my Ferrari to dinner.

I get that everyone probably has a different perception of reasonable "precautions" and nothing we say in these posts will likely change that. [/QUOTE]

Ron, that is exactly the point.

Lewis, when we use to have the monthly SSF Dinners we would only choose restaurants that had good parking as the cars and getting together were the reasons for the whole evening.

19. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    There is an answer to each of your questions and comments but from a different perspective. No sense in going there.
    It just boils down to Ron's response, "Like I said, to each his own. The criticism is not warranted." Nuff said.

20. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    the guy from the Dos Equis commercials does...

;)

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #21 RP, Aug 25, 2010
    Are we talking about a $35K Ferrari? I missed that if mentioned before. For some reason I was thinking late models with values over $100k where broken paint does have an effect on resale. Yet, the guy with the new paint job on his Mondiale, may just be smart enough to not want to spend money at the Ding Doctor every few months.

And I just can not agree with you about Porsche owners. I was one, and I know many today, that have the same feeling about protecting the paint on their cars as any Ferrari owner. Again, rain is not the issue, just the door of another car. Or that peice of metal that would like to go through your windshield. You are incredibly wrong and rude if you think it is "a sense of self importance" of any owner of a nice car that desires to protect their investment. And that includes my friends with those $50 BMW and MBs. They care enough about their cars not to want any damage, and certainly not to want their cars in body shops 4 times a year. You would have to be quite reckless not to care.

You mention Porsche forums, possibly you would be more welcome on those with such a ridiculous self important attitude as yours? You obviously do not like Ferrari people. The fact that you seem to believe on your opinion is correct pretty much fulfills that "self important" role now doesn't it?

Not a great way for you to make friends.

22. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    40,--to 60,--just parking the car for dinner is sick. there are so many places in austria where you can drive a scenic road to the restaurant, park save right in front and enjoy a great dinner for two including wine for about 100,--.

i have been in Miami three times but decided to pick up a rental car when leaving town and walk while i am there. South beach and cars dont get together well. on the other hand i enjoyed the high class cars driving by.

23. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    OK now this is just getting stupid. Geuss you better not drive the Ferrari, wouldn't want a meteor to fall out of the sky either.

Look I wasn't trying to make any enemies, just pointing out an obvious fact. If you are scared to drive your car out to dinner, you should probably drive a different type of car. Of course I look for a safe parking spot, and I tip the valet a little extra to take care. But the day I avoid going to a favorite restaurant because of my car has yet to come.

Now to add to the list of safe places, you can park at any of the valets in the meters on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables for $20. They will just leave the car in one of the blocked off meters where they operate the valet stands. You take the keys.

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    You were not pointing out any obvious fact(s), only your myopic opinion. What is good for you, is only good for you. I absolutely have no problem with how you wish to treat your car as I do not care to impose my style on anyone else. Someone having the opposite opinion is not wrong, just different, and just as correct as you. Personally, I would not treat my car as carelessly as it appears you would.

For over one year I planned the dinners for our local car club SSF, and one of the location requirements by all, whether Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, was safe parking where their cars would not get dinged or otherwise damage. Who really wants those visits to Luc or the Ding Doctor? Who wants to pay extra at lease end for those extra dings? I would not.

But what is truly silly is your approach. State your welcomed opinion, but refrain from commenting specifically on anyone else's in an insulting manner. To each their own.

TifosiConch likes this.
  25. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    #25 nsxter, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010

An intelligent man would have stopped there. Your narrow mindedness is far worse than mine. My bad for adding to it.