Ferrari event Monterey 2017 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari event Monterey 2017

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 365GTC/4, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i think the road portion of the roundabout will be completely finished by car week. however, expect delays as usual. chp will prob be directing traffic.

2. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Drove that roundabout last weekend while up visiting my family and couldn't believe how messed up it is. It's not a traditional design compared to those that I have driven. Can't imagine any semi rigs getting through that without problems. I would imagine the other gates wills be used.

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    its a roundabout with a chicane entering the freeway. will be interesting to see how many revolutions the tourists make.

4. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I drive thru this thing almost daily and from different approaches; Samuel B Morse gate/PG (i.e., 68E), Hwy-1 gate (aka Pebble Beach gate), and coming off Hwy-1 from both South and North directions.

In general, the only `challenge' for anything larger than a UPS truck is trying to get onto Hwy-1 North from the Pebble gate, and to a much lesser degree trying to get onto Hwy-1 South from the Pebble gate.

Yes, I can only imagine transporters having to use the Samuel B Morse gate. No more use of the Pebble gate as far as I can imagine.

5. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Have any changes been made to improve access to the Quail ?

6. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Not sure what you mean. From the main entrance of Quail (by Baja Cantina) to the event field is off limits to the public. Approaching from the other direction (CV Rd to Rancho San Carlos) remains the same...it's the only access to the Bonhams auction location and the field parking lot behind it. With only a single road going from one end of Quail to the other (Valley Greens Dr), I don't see that they can do anything about it. There will be CHP `monitoring' both exits off CV Rd according to a notice that went out to Quail property owners.

7. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    The quail is a nightmare getting out of....no way to fix it. See you in line!

8. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I just ran across mention of this today. It's at the Barnyard across the street from the Crossroads shopping center at Carmel. Event starts at 4 pm. Is this part of the official sanctioned Ferrari SpA events or just a business deciding to celebrate Ferrari's 70th on their own?
    Like to know the cost, if there wull a display of several decades of Ferraris, what's the deal>

9. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  10. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I have a room at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and I cannot make it up this year. PM if interested.

11. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Its a nice, somewhat small event. Free if you bring your Ferrari. Wine tasting and snacks,
    art, etc. Worth a hour or 2...starts late around 4-5 I think. I usually support it and drive in for a while.

12. doltond

doltond Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2008
    Sonoma and San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dolton
    +1 - a fun thing to spend Saturday afternoon doing....

13. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I speak of the new building at Pebble that will be close to the first fairway where the 70 Ferraris will be on exhibit?
    I ask only because I and others have Ferrari related merchandise, some of it for free, but we don't know who to contact. Or is it easier to schedule an audience with the Pope?

14. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    At this late date (auction tents are already half erected), the Pope might be easier.

15. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Upon closer examination a couple days ago, the design of this roundabout is deceiving. Although the turns appear quite tight, esp for larger trucks, there's actually a lot of room. Inside of the normal travel lane is a wide area with decorative stamped concrete. The actual curb is actually on the inside of this area and a good distance from that normal travel lane and only marginally higher. So large trucks such as transporters will use that wide decorative area to make the turns.

As for people using the roundabout, I actually witnessed someone driving it in the WRONG direction yesterday! Yikes!

16. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just to confirm... no current activity at the highland gas station on HW1 and NO CASA FERRARI this year... right? I'm extremely disappointed... but I'm hoping it will return next year!

17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham

18. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob

19. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I never made it over there but they won't want just anybody
    driving up even if in a Ferrari. I think they want a VIP
    type client, maybe owner of one or more Ferraris, who is "vetted" by the dealer in their area. Then they know they aren't wasting time with Lookee Loos.

20. EndlessDoodles

Jun 12, 2016
    Anyone going to the Rally?

21. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I heard it is around $650, but I thought the original purpose was for dealers to curry favor with (multiple) Ferrari buyers by awarding them a ticket to the venue so they will feel privileged. Somehow charging for this doesn't make sense. How good could the food be for that amount? At least at Quail you are seeing many of the best cars , able to dine at three restaurants. Who does the money go to? Ferrari in Italy? I went to the Bentley House and Rolls House last year and no one charged me anything--the hope of the automakers was to create an occasion with ambiance that you expect when you own such a fine car

So why the charge?

22. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Perhaps it's just a ploy to keep riff-raff, non-owners away ? Maybe they actually comp the ticket to known owners or they'll off-set its price on next service or purchase of another car ?

Maybe it's time to consider trading those Bentley and Rolls for a Ferrari or two ?

23. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    In the past, FNA sold any VIP tickets that they didn't give away or if they were returned by an invited guest that canceled. Not being a VIP, I was offered the opportunity to purchase tickets last year a week before Pebble at a slight premium over General Admission. No idea if the perqs from year to year are comparable. I suspect that this year will be more lavish than last, which was admission to the PB Concours and a private hospitality suite.

24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #74 Need4Spd, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  25. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name: