Ferrari event Monterey 2017 | FerrariChat

Ferrari event Monterey 2017

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 365GTC/4, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I have heard that there is a Ferrari event celebrating the 70 years of Ferrari to be held in Monterey on the 21st August. That is the Monday immediately after Pebble Beach. Anyone have details?

2. 4RELIFE

4RELIFE Rookie

Mar 2, 2017
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 4RELIFE, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Check out 70.ferrari.com for full list of events, they are adding more that are TBD.

Do not put www before the web site, it will not work.

We just had a call with Ferrari North America today and they are doing some exciting stuff.

FNA is looking for pre-1975 vehicles currently for the Ferrari Challenge at Laguna Seca, is this something you would be interested in?

If at all interested please shoot me an email so I can connect you to the appropriate party.

Regards,
    Mike

[email protected]

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    A clienti rally from Monterey to San Francisco.

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    At the Laguna racetrack on Monday?
    Or any special displays at Concorso Italiano
    or Pebble Beach?
    Will there be booths at wherever the event is?
    Will clubs be having parties?
    August is only 3 months away so I hope we can get more news.
    I tried the website, got lost, requires too much computer knowledge for this old guy

5. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Am I the only one confused?
    The Ferrari official website 70.ferrari.com
    has this headline

Ferrari 70th Anniversary in Pebble Beach
    August 17, 2017 Del Monte Forest, United States

They forgot to mention the city Pebble Beach. But when you click on that to get more information, it announces instead the concours

“The Concours d’Elegance
    Ferrari will celebrate its 70th Anniversary in Pebble Beach in an unprecedented fashion. Priceless, classic Ferraris will not only grace the Concours d’Elegance in four Ferrari-exclusive classes, but the Cavallino Rampante will also inhabit the entire first fairway of the Pebble Beach Golf Links with 70 iconic automobiles. In addition to premiere hospitality space and VIP receptions, test drives for Ferrari clients will round out the weekend experience. “

So is there an event on the 17th somewhere in the Del Monte forest or isn’t there? And isn’t the first fairway a long way from Del Monte Road (not a golfer, sorry..)

I tried to find out more information from a PR firm called Rubenstein in NYC which on a website proclaimed this

Ferrari North America | Rubenstein Public Relations
    Ferrari, the global luxury company recognized as the world's most powerful brand, ... technology, elegance and versatility, through a fan rally in New York City."

But they replied they are no longer representing Ferrari.

Here’s the wording for the second event, basically a ride and drive: “Immediately following the Pebble Beach weekend at the close of Monterey Car Week, Ferrari clients will depart for week long adventure from the links in Monterey, along some of the most beautiful coastal roads in the world, to San Francisco. Top clients will have the quintessential Ferrari week featuring gorgeous, top flight driving, first-class hospitality with carefully curated experiences along the way.”

6. 4RELIFE

4RELIFE Rookie

Mar 2, 2017
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I sent you a Private Message

7. V-12

V-12 Karting

Jun 13, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Heard today that the Pebble Beach Concourse is being delayed one week to August 27. Also heard that the reunion will be on the 25-27th.

8. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    #8 HMB-Dino, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Pebble 1 week delay is for 2018, NOT 2017. This 2018 change has been widely reported.

9. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Almost had a heart attack! Thanks! see you there?

10. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    But it is amazing that a bazillion car week events will have to follow suit and change their dates by a week. You'd think it would be easier to change the date of the US Amateur golf championship being held at Pebble (which is the cause of the 1-week delay in Car Week activities).

11. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    OK so say in 2018 the Concorso italiano and Rolex vintage races are one weekend and the Pebble Beach concours and Quail the next. That means you would have to stay at least 8 days to catch everything. Let's say any hotel on the Peninsula would be $200, that's $1600 before you count tickets, meals, gas.

12. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Wow, one WEEK to get the entire 120 miles from Monterey to San Francisco?! So they'll average 20, maybe 25 miles per day? :D

But seriously, I was considering attending the Monterey Historics etc. this year, but when I was having to make my vacation plans way back in April, there was zero information about the featured marque this year or any Ferrari activities... so I ended up making other plans. It would be nice if there could have been information available more than just 3 months prior to the events - in previous years, information was posted 10 months in advance.

13. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    The car week, in a general sense, is the same every year. Every year we all get excited about the same events such as Pebble Beach Concours, Vintage car races, or Concours de Lemons (or at least someone does on that one).

Those of us who go every year just make hotel reservations then figure out what we're going to do there afterward.

The annual differences are what unobtanium will be shown or auctioned, what/if Casa Ferrari will be, how many of us show our cars at Concorso Italiano, etc.

Gordon: You. Must. Attend.

14. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Splitting up events ain't going to happen. Everything will simply shift...anything else makes no business sense.

`The full calendar of car events that have grown up around the Pebble Beach Concours are likely to shift with it. Pebble Beach events, including the Tour d’Elegance, RetroAuto and the Forum, will move in tandem with the Concours, and the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering events will also move.'

15. ntlr

ntlr Karting

Jan 25, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Will be down there this year - taking the 575 SA. Haven't been down here in a while - what events should we get to?

16. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Thanks for the encouragement! :D I have attended (just the weekend, not all week) on three occasions, 2003, 2007, and 2014; two were road trips from Calgary over to Portland and then down the Pacific coast, once I flew in and rented a Corvette for the weekend. I'd love to do the road trip in the 308 and enter Concorso, and was hoping to catch the next occasion when Ferrari was the featured marque. Back in late February, I started this thread http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-discussion-not-model-specific/545796-monterey-historics-reunion-2017-featured-marque.html as at the time, no information was available. I needed to commit to vacation plans, so without any information on the Monterey week, I chose reluctantly to go with other plans.

It's really unfortunate that there was no hint in even in February from Ferrari or FCA that there would be any special Ferrari activity around the Monterey Week related to the 70th anniversary. Maybe I will have to ignore whatever the featured marque will be and just do the trip in 2018!

Even now after the Motorsports Reuinion organizers have finally announced something, the wording is curious - there's no actual featured marque this year! From this release Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion Celebrates Formula Junior Diamond Jubilee World Tour August 17-20 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca they say:

and even more curiously,
    So Ferrari is not actually featured at the Reunion, we'll just see them around all weekend! :p

17. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Just moor your yacht in the harbor and stay onboard. Easy peasy.

18. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    whats the best place to stay during car week?

19. dakharris

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Spanish Bay

20. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    how about..most cost efficient and available haha. Just started looking for hotels, they all seem full.

21. dakharris

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
  22. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    What ever place you can get. All the best ones, and even the not so best ones, are sold out year to year in advance.

23. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Little confused because I am not a golfer. Is the first fairway at Pebble Beach golf course right in front of the Lodge? (meaning the ocean side) If the cars are on display from the 17th through the 10th, my question is
    does this mean the concours will not start out with old prewar cars right outside the lodge as in all the PB concours in some decades? In all the ones I have been to, the postwar cars are more toward the end, i.e. farthest from the Lodge? Also, does anybody have the street address of Casa Ferrari which I gather is not the same converted gas station it was last year? Who anoints you with the necessary credential to gain admittance to the Casa, your local dealer?

24. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The Concours is always held on the full length of the 18th fairway (hole behind the Lodge on the ocean side). The 1st fairway starts across from the golf pro shop. Concept cars are typically stationed on the practice putting green which is between the front door of the Lodge and the 1st tee.