Ferrari deny Alonso rumours as "nonsense" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari deny Alonso rumours as "nonsense"

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 355, May 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I agree with you on that Ted. In F1, if there's smoke there's usually fire. Now with the Kimi retirement rumors it makes sense. Same thing happened with MS in 05 into 06.

2. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #27 wetpet, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
    in the last three seasons, alonso has won twice and come in second once, missing by one point. He can't be denied. he is a champion and as good or better than anybody out there. ferrari wants a champion. you do the math. Kimi wdc08!

3. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    I bet its still gonna happen. I hate Alonso but I still bet this is on...

4. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I heard from a very reliable source that Kubica is coming to Ferrari in 2009 and will be champion. I was also told that this would lead to a whole chain of Ferrari dealerships and stores to pop up throughout Poland and even Ukraine and Belarus. All Ferrari models will be sold there with 10% discount too. :)

5. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    If Alonso ever drivers for Ferrari then at that point I'll be praying that Ferrari go through another 80's drought all over again.........because that's what they deserve for signing him.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Real Ferrari Fan I see, to wish the team the team bad because of the driver.

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Another post apt for a (Ted ism), and don't let door hit your arse on the way out...:D

8. GeorgeSSSS

GeorgeSSSS Karting

Aug 12, 2004
    If it is being denied as "nonsense" then it can only be the absolute truth. I love it.

I love the Italians in general and the Ferrari Folk (uber-Italians?) in particular. The game wouldn't be half as much fun without them. Their flair is worth the price of admission alone. The real truth is that they single handedly kept F1 alive during its darkest days. Last year, they shined the bright light of truth on McLaren's cheating. They provide engines to other teams so there are enough cars in the field to have a credible event.

Tell your neighbor your favorite racing team is McLaren or Williams or Torro Rosso and you'll get a blank stare. Say its Toyota or Honda and they'll envision people racing Camrys and Accords. Tell them your favorite team is Ferrari and everything is cool.

Where would we be without them?

9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    That's what they deserve for signing a double world champ and probably the most complete driver on the grid? Some fans the scuderia have.

10. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Dbl WC ...lol.....you mean he was gifted the 2 WDC. If he is so good then why cant he do anything with the Renault.If MS was in that same Renault this year he would have put a shine on that car but Alonso keeps looking for greener pastures. "IF" he were to drive for Ferrari one day, just what do you think he would do when things got bad for a few races? On average he is finishing worse than his poll position this year. I would sooner take Kubica, Hamilton, Button, Kovi.......and so on. There are many better drivers given the chance. This idiot has been given the chances and has blown them away along with selling out his team. I guess some here would back Ferrari if they had Osama Binladin driving but I know that the majority do not want Alonso in red.

11. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Oh come on, if a car is limited than a car is limited, period. Fernando can't magically levitate a car and make it do "magical nostalgic Senna moves". He can only drive it to get every last tenth of a second out of it. Also, Fernando IS doing something with that Renault, you just have to look at how Piquet is doing.

12. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    He beat your boy in 06 for his second title and you're obviously still upset about it. Beat Kimi to the 05 title. Gifted? Right, that's some way to get a gift.

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #38 DeSoto, May 31, 2008
    Last edited: May 31, 2008
    To the Alonso bashers:

I think that Alonso is a complete a**hole. But I am a good Christian (ahem) so I believe in redemption from sin. Alonso had his share of flak from McLaren in 2007 and now he´s facing two years of pain at Renault. That´s quite a penance. He´s showing a relaxed and professional style this year so far, so if he keeps this mood till 2010, I´ll give him full support at Ferrari.

And you all are good Christians, aren´t you?

14. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    severely unhinged! and Osama? stop, please, just stop!

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Franco, I aint gonna try to change your mind, but I gotta say that made me laugh..

16. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    Seriously? You think he'll win a race? There's not a chance in hell of that happening. He may be a great driver, but the car just isn't there.

Peter

17. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    :) But its true :)

18. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Okay, i read one of your other posts and just figured you were not an Alonso fan. But now, i'm beginning to think you are dillusional. "what has he done with the renault" -- More like besides get on he podium what hasn't he done? I really had a strong dislike for him last year and his lack of character, but as a driver i can't say anything other than him being one of the greats. Look at piquet and then look where the renault is with Alonso in it. It is obvious what he is able to give to the team. He definately makes that car look better than it is. As for your other comments, they are way off base and have no merit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say he has a good possibility to win a race, or get on the podium if he keeps up with the way he is driving.

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    #44 Senna1994, May 31, 2008
    No he just is a clueless wonder who bought a Fiat V8 and thinks he knows something about racing and cars. When in reality he probably started watching F1 in 2000. The problem with the Ignore Function is that you have to see incredibly stupid posts when someone responds. I don't know why the Mods can't ban someone on pure lack of intelligence.

20. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #45 355, May 31, 2008
    Piquet can make anyone look good and that is why Alonso took so long to go to Renault. He was waiting to see who his partner would be. What has he done to improve the Renault so far this year? Nothing. His best chance to win a race was in Monaco where he made errors and eventually DNFed. Anyone who looks at F1 realisticly can see that if the tire rule was not brought in that Alonso would never have won either of his WDC. Then you get guys like Ted who will say that dosnt matter because they changed the rules for everyone (even though the fact remains that they changed the rules to stop Ferrari)....and then Ted says that last year Ferrari never really won the WCC because if this and that had not happened they would have lost..
    So when it comes right down to it Alonso really has not proven anything beyond the shadow of a doubt. The only thing he has truly proven is that he is a selfish, selfcentered, egotistical whinner. If thats the kind of guy you want to have drive for Ferrari then good luck to you. I meet people all the time at the Ferrari shops, tracks and the dealers and the vast majority of them say that they will stop watching F1 if Alonso is picked up by Ferrari. Its a simple fact that he is highly disliked by many. Just look back at the survey done on here months ago where 80% of those polled did not want to see Alonso in a Ferrari. Why would Ferrari pick him up when there will be many more choices between now and 2010. You just watch and see who will drive for Ferrari when either Massa or Kimi leaves...it wont be Alonso.
    Oh and yes I love you too Tony ;)

21. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This is just amazing. So in Monaco there is a rumor of Alonshole having an option with Ferrari for the 2010 season in the works and now people are reading Alonshole is going to Ferrari.
    In my country there is a saying that until then you don't know who is going to last, the horse or the rider.
    We are talking the rest of this season and then two full seasons until the moment when some option could be exersized. That is IF it gets exercised at all.

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 and if the powers at be here look at the ABSOLUTE SILENCE on the part of Kimi and his deal to get to Ferrari they will see the non-sense in the Alonso rumours and the continuous running of the mouth by the current driver at Renault. Silence or polite deferrence would do more to justify this as fact. Simple fact is there is no deal or the crickets would be singing in the background and not the desperate to stay relevant Alonso, and his well paid rumor machine. This is so funny to read. Look at the history with Kimi....the silence said it all until the contractual date at which commentary was allowed.

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    But Tony, how do you really feel?? ;)

24. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    But that only makes sense ;)

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Turn the brightness up on your PC, Tony...;)

Oh ****, I could get banned for that..:D