Ferrari Challenge - Sonoma | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge - Sonoma

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by ColaGuy, Apr 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timba

timba Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tim
    What's the story on the white 458 spider that got black flagged in the sport session this afternoon?

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Nice ones D!

SV

3. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
  4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Quick & dirty GoPro montage I put together...enjoy.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK7KMvHfB-U]Ferrari Racing Days 2014 Sonoma Raceway - YouTube[/ame]

5. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
  6. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
  7. MChanMD

MChanMD Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    Awesome video! Missed the race this year, was out shopping for a 997.2 GT3 in black/black (which I bought!)

8. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Congrats. Did you get the one over at Niello?

9. MChanMD

MChanMD Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    Yes, they are wrapping it today. I have hunted for a GT3 for quite a while, the last one sold 30 mins before I showed up with a blank check and the title to my Carrera!

10. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Very Nice!! Can't wait to see it!!

11. MChanMD

MChanMD Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    I may bring it out on the next drive with Lyndon!

12. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Perfect match for the black CS!

13. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Saturday and Sunday were great the weather seemed to corporate more on Sunday, but both days were great nonetheless. My girlfriend had good time, which is always important to make sure she'll keep wanting to come to these things. It was too bad they didn't have the California T out for display but, I was assured that a LaFerrari will be making the rounds by summer, so that's encouraging. I wish The 333sp had run, rather just being warmed up and then put away. It was a relatively calm weekend, no 'big' occurred accidents this year. It's a shame we didn't have the XX class cars this year as it seemed like there was a lot of empty time during the event. We always enjoy catching up with everybody and meeting new friends, we hadn't seen some of you guys in over a year so that was really cool. We can't wait to see you guys out at Laguna!

14. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Nice video, freshmeat! Captures the weekend's spirit, that's for sure. I waved at the driver of the CS on the inside of Turn 2. Hope he and the car were OK. :)

15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I really don't know. I snagged it from my lady's laptop! It was untitled!

;)

16. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    #66 yelcab, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    I will be looking forward to that!!

18. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Kevin Enderby -- HOD instructor -- has over 100k miles on that car - -most of it accrued on tracks.

19. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    More importantly, G let him drive her Enzo. :D

20. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Yes, he's very fast. I always recommend newbie Ferrari owners who want an e-ticket ride in a like-for-like car to politely ask Kevin to give them a ride in his car. Kevin is methodical and safe, while going like a bat outta ... well, you know.

While we're on the subject; Kudos to Kevin and the HOD staff who made sure each track session we had ran smoothly and without incident.

:D

21. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    [ QUOTE=nizam;143085993]Yes, he's very fast. I always recommend newbie Ferrari owners who want an e-ticket ride in a like-for-like car to politely ask Kevin to give them a ride in his car. Kevin is methodical and safe, while going like a bat outta ... well, you know.

While we're on the subject; Kudos to Kevin and the HOD staff who made sure each track session we had ran smoothly and without incident.

:D[/QUOTE]

Yes! Even though at the drivers meeting he kept looking my way when demonstrating what the black flag is used for!

I can happily report the black flag never came out for me.

Apart from a wickedly fast silver 458 Challenge (nizam!) which stormed by me early and maybe even twice (or more?) most of the 458s didn't catch up with me until near the end of the one sport session I drove. First time in the California. That car is a lot faster than people give it credit for. And DCT makes it easy to go fast. But about 3/4 through the session I started going easier on the brakes when I remembered how much new CCBs cost! I swear I could hear a "ka-Ching" sound in my helmet each time I braked hard before a hairpin! There is more body roll and weight transfer than in the mid engine cars, so I tried extra hard to be smooth and to take the straightest path through the esses.

It was great seeing a lot of our friends out there Sunday. A fun activity to come home to after flying 5800 miles Saturday.

22. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Well continue the fun and join the HOD track day at Sonoma May 24 - you know this one will sell out anyway now as it is a Saturday.

23. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Kevin deserves to drive that Enzo!

24. hiros

hiros Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2007
    NorCal
    I think I know who that was. Amazingly there were a total of 5 Rosso Scuderia CS on Sunday. Yes he and the car were perfectly fine! :) Thanks for asking.

25. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Details, details, please … :)