Ferrari Airbag Recall | FerrariChat

Ferrari Airbag Recall

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JakeF355, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JakeF355

JakeF355 Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Jake Scheele
    Ferrari has issued a Takata airbag recall for the following vehicles;
    2009- California
    2010- California & 458 Italia
    2011- California & 458 Italia
    2012- 458 Italia, 458 Spider, FF & California
    2013- 458 Italia, 458 Spider, FF, F12berlinetta & California

They said when the passenger airbag is deployed, metal shards will shoot out that can result in injury or death and of course you can go to your local Ferrari Dealer for your free repair.

If you think your Ferrari is subject to recall you can do the following;
    .1 Visit the Ferrari website recall lookup

2. Contact your nearest Authorized Ferrari Dealer

3. Visit the NHTSA recall website

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  2. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have received two recall notices direct from Ferrari NA and presented one to the dealer prior to last annual. He did not perform the service. In fact, none of the 3 options you give does my VIN show any recalls yet I keep getting notices from Ferrari NA. The Ferrari site says no recalls and the NHTSA site says there's an error when entering the proper VIN. I left a message at the 201 number for Ferrari NA last year and again today. No call back yet. My email is down right now so can't go down that route until later. I'm beginning not to care at this point. Don't want them to tear open my dash so looks like fun for the passenger at this point.