Ferrari 2012 458 Speciale hood water issue. | FerrariChat

Ferrari 2012 458 Speciale hood water issue.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by yhenry, Jul 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yhenry

yhenry Rookie

Jun 3, 2021
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    yusuf henry
    Hello guys I purchased a 458 oem speciale Hood for the standard Ferrari 458. The problem is that the vents let water through from the rain into to trunk. I see on the original Speciale the trunk is smaller because it has a catch system that channels the water away from the trunk. Any suggestions on where I can buy this setup or a aftermarket solution? Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

2. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
  3. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I was going to say that whoever sold you the hood should be able to sell you the ducts that route the air usefully, but I think this car was sold this way so you might not know where the previous owner got them?
    I haven't looked inside any Speciale's but I'm guessing it's a fairly major change to the frunk tub as well.
    Unless somebody can tell you differently, I think it's either an expensive and time consuming project to do this right, or you can fab up something to seal off the hood vents from below extremely well and just let rain water collect in them.

4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I would say through much experience with exotic cars etc. You have devalued your car! Put your original 458 hood back on and enjoy your car for what it is!

5. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Or... don't drive it in the rain :)

Art138 likes this.