Fernando in it up to his neck | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fernando in it up to his neck

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Papa Duck, Sep 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  2. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    The SpeedTV announcers were talking about how the mechanics (who may loose their jobs) feel about FA. They speculated that none of the mechanics would be happy. I was imagining all 4 wheels coming off at the start of the race for FA ...

3. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Ha, that's a good one. The FIA and everyone has turned a blind eye to Ferrari's dealings and more importantly Toyota/Ferrari scandle. Why is this one so different? :confused: Oh, yea it's Ron Dennis and McLaren and Max's got an ax to grind with him.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php?fes_art_id=10669

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php?fes_art_id=10670

While the McLaren and Ferrari look nothing alike take a look at this comparison of the Toyota and Ferrari. NOTHING was done to Toyota. http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31223

More here: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php?fes_art_id=26514

4. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Or having just enough fuel for the warm-up laps. Hahaha.

5. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Keep in mind LH most likely knew about this information and didn't do anything to prevent or stop McL from using it. LH is just as guilty from association. IMHO.

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm not sure about this........

Clearly, through the email info FA knew all about it. But, even though LH benefited and should still lose pts., IMO, I'm not sure he knew about the scandal.

Do you have any reference?

7. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    OF COURSE HE KNEW!

Interesting how he has been left out of it and where the FAI's priorities are now lieing.

LH is the anointed new face of F1 and as long as he doesn't stumble will be untouchable.

8. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1, Of course he didn't get his points deducted either, Bernie argued for a fine instead of drivers points so his countryman would win the WDC and make him millions.

9. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Good grief, you are somewhat ill informed (!)

Vodafone is, well, Vodafone....T-Mobile is a very different and very German company.

10. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Because with what he knows about the company and the cars its far cheaper and more sensible for Ron to keep him right where he can see him.

I.

11. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Assuming RD is around for much longer...

12. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    What a load of crap these TV people insist on coming out with! Do they (or you) really think its likely that the race team mehanics might get laid off because of this??? It'll be a bit difficult to go racing without them......

13. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Doesn't matter who is running McMerc, Coughlan will undoubtedly be fired (IMO) - just not yet. Firing him now could do more harm than good.

I.

14. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    just read that article. i have kept out of this pretty much. i have one thing to say now. f-ing cheaters!!!!

15. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    It would be great if the sent Alonso's mechanics on vacation...

16. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Interesting Article by James Alan about Fernando's role:

"What about Alonso’s part in all this?

This is the most interesting aspect of the story for me. On one level I think Alonso, having been shown to have been involved with the illicit material, is lucky to keep his drivers’ championship points.

What condemned McLaren was the email traffic between him and de la Rosa (as well as a report from the Italian communication police regarding the volume and timing of email, phone and text traffic between Stepney and Coughlan).

The $100 million question all week has been, “How did the emails come to the FIA’s attention?”

Dennis has now confirmed that once he learned of the emails, from Alonso on the morning of the Hungarian GP, he himself told Mosley about them, because he did not want it to come from anyone else.

But what was Alonso trying to achieve by confronting Ron with the emails on that Sunday morning?

Apparently Dennis explained to the WMSC that Alonso had some demands, which are not hard to imagine, but Dennis refused to satisfy them. When this all comes out next week, it will probably look quite bad for Alonso.

I think Ron comes out of it quite well, albeit that it shows he did not have the control over his team on which he prided himself.

He is determined to win the drivers’ championship and all the signs are that despite Alonso’s behaviour he will be given an equal chance to win the title, like Lewis.

McLaren has a precedent here; in 1989 Dennis and Alain Prost fell out, but Prost was still given a winning car and beat his team-mate Ayrton Senna to the title before leaving for Ferrari the next year. Not many teams would behave like that.

Crucially, history will show that Alonso’s meeting with Dennis came after the qualifying episode in Hungary, where first Lewis disobeyed team orders and then Alonso blocked him at the end of the session and was penalised.

That brought things to a head between Alonso and Dennis.

Alonso’s relationship with the team has now totally broken down and it is impossible to imagine him driving a McLaren next year.

He may move back to Renault, or propose some sort of mega-deal to Toyota. BMW seems closed off and although certain top men at Ferrari would like to hire him to replace Massa, Todt is on the record as saying he will never drive a Ferrari after he snubbed Todt and signed up with Renault and Briatore in 2001."

Full article here:http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&PO_ID=40674

17. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i love the idea that a driver will never drive for ferrari. even if he is 2 or 3 time world champion. that's the kind of juice ferrari has. i really like todt.

18. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    The talking heads were discussing the loss of revenue and garage space for the McLaren team.

19. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    Flavio from the spa news conference:

FB: The drivers are in the car, this is what we know. If the car has any advantage because of some information or whatever, if the car is competitive because of some information, I think the driver has some advantage as well. It’s quite simple. I think it’s like that. But the driver has no fault about all this but I still believe that the driver has some advantage.

nuff said.

20. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    can't wait to see them at the end of the pits!

21. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Where is Fernando's bigger supporter - Parkerfe? I got sick of his continuous Schumacher bashing calling him a cheat and what not. Franklin - it looks like your golden boy is a cheat too and by a large margin.

22. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    MS was an A hole to the competition but never to his own team. I'll take MS with all his flaws anytime over this A hole Alonso.

23. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    But Dennis the Menace told everyone that he didn't know anything. ROTFL :D

Can Unfairnando Alonshole use the escape clause in his contract because McCheaters were found guilty if he is one of the ones doing the cheating??

24. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    From everything I read today it seems the RD truly didn't know about the emails until the morning of the Hungarian GP and yes I doubt that FA will stay at Mclaren even if he wanted to.

25. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    By selling your employer down the river.
    Ron; grow a pair. Sit Alonshole NOW !