Fernando in it up to his neck | FerrariChat

Fernando in it up to his neck

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Papa Duck, Sep 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Papa Duck

Papa Duck Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Carl
  2. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see sabotage. McLaren was essentially free and clear before.
    I wonder what a gunshot wound to the foot feels like.

3. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I've said this in a previous post about two weeks ago and I'll say it again.If I was in RD shoes Alonso's butt would have been fired and I would have let LH be WDC.

If these stories about FA blackmailing Mclaren are true I hope no one hires the SOB. I have lost all respect for this a**hole.

4. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Reread your post and listen to what you are actually saying... "I would have fired his butt and <<<LET>>> LH be the WDC"...

Really?

5. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Yes really. Blackmailing your own team in never a good thing.

6. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    wonder what its like flying into Eau Rouge wondering if your suspension is screwed on tight...

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    What kind of mushrooms have you all been eating?

The simple fact here is the McLaren were convicted because they broke the 11th Commandment -"THOU SHALT NOT BE CAUGHT"

If anyone belives that Ferrari, in their long history, have never cheated then you should pull a tooth out of your mouth and wait for the Tooth Fairy to show up

8. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    LOVED IT!!!! hehehehhhhheheeeee

9. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I haven't been eating anything. Forget about Ferrari and Mclaren cheating.The speed commentators said this morning that the rumor in Spa is that the source of the evidence was RD himself.

He went to the FIA first because Alonso was threating to snitch on Mclaren to the FIA to get out of his contract. Time will tell if this info is true or not.

That'swhy i made the comment about firing Alonso.

10. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It just proves that there are some real snakes in F1. Ask your self who would want Alonso or Ron Dennis on your team now. You know that they can't be trusted and are liars. They should also ban Ron Dennnis from any type of auto related job. Let him just dry up like dog crap and blow away and take Alonshole with him. Two losers

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Why on earth are they allowing Alonso to race. Unbelievable. No excuse for a single Mclaren car to be on the grid. BS!

12. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    One word :VODAFONE.

13. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin

Can't agree with you more. I believe most, if not all, F1 teams cheat, but if you're inefficient enough to get caught, then you deserve to be punished.
    I still think the drivers should have their points docked IMO.

14. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +2.

15. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Since they gave him immunity, I'd let him keep his license but definitely take his points! I cannot stand Alonso and given this situation, I will honestly NEVER buy a Mercedes.

16. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sure, people gather snippets of information on how others have solved problems and use the information for themselves, often improving on the original idea. Think of students writing dissertations or in the world of business it's an everyday and expected thing to do -- why else were patents invented.

For me personally, what has blown me away having now read the FIA release is the absolute scale of the whole thing. This is way more than just nicking the odd idea here and there (which neutralises itself, because as you say, everybody's at it).

Copying a wing or suspension design is one thing, but being able to pick up the phone and finding out what's going to be TOMORROW'S strategy is something else.

17. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Per Autosport:

Ron Dennis admitted today that he called the FIA on August 5 to "spill the beans".

18. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Cause Alonso was blackmailing him ???????

Edit: I still say fire FA immediately.

19. Papa Duck

Papa Duck Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Carl
    With RD supposedly spilling the beans, does that mean that McLaren will not file an appeal? It would seem strange for them to appeal when they went to the FIA. If he did go to the FIA it would be the first time he told the truth since Hungary.

20. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    He might appeal the punishment.

21. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Ron said yeasterday that he thinks the FIA's verdict was too harsh. Who knows if they'll appeal.
    To be honest I don't know how Ferrari managed to win all these races this year when Mclaren knew all their war plans. They even knew what lap Kimi was going to pit.
    The honorable thing for Mclaren to do is not to appeal and just withdraw their cars for the remainder of the year but we know they're not going to do that.

22. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    The evidence is devastating. Though it's bad for the sport, the McCheaters really should of been banned for the remainder of '07 and the full '08 season.

They got off light. Really light.

23. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    From what I've heard, Alonso wanted Hamilton fired mid-season so that he could win the World Championship. It didn't happen so he spilled the beans, he is a snitch. A snitch is less than a human being, I have zero respect for him at all (I had very little before) and personally think that he is the biggest @$$hole in the world.

24. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    As the evidence shows they knew that for one race. The first one. Good thing for McLaren that information helped them beat KIMI! Oh, wait, Kimi won that one and they lost. :rolleyes:

You guys are ridiculous.

25. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Austrailia + Bahrain = 2!