Feedback on Concorso Italiano `08 | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Feedback on Concorso Italiano `08

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by nzo4re, Aug 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Nahhhhh, you would have gone with us and had a blast for CHEAP. You should consider going down with us this year. We have the whole group going again.

2. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    #252 GCalo, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
    Well maybe but what are you going to drive or is that a devil of a question??????

BTW if one had Gold Class tickets for Concorso the parking was on the fairway and entrance was through a rear gate at the parking area. No busing!

3. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Not really. There are just so many things to do in life. Been there, done CI and MH. I will go back if it ever interests me. I generally do not go back to a place that provided me with terrible service and/or failed to meet minimum expectations. In today's economic climate, one needs to be much more competitive for the limited discretionary dollars floating around. In my case, they needed to treat me better when times were good, because they lost me as a client then.

4. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I'm pretty sure, non participant, non corral parking, spectator has always been "off-site" and involved busing at BlackHorse.

now for Pebble, there are ways to not have to park in Timbuktu and have to ride the buses in, but I'm not going to tell you about those. :D

5. morgana58

morgana58 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2008
    California
    Full Name:
    Maggie
    I was there at CI in 2007. That year my dad was showing his Ferrari and I came later and parked onsite to join him.

6. PogueMoHone

PogueMoHone Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    You are such a tease!

7. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Not so. If you bought your tickets in advance on line you parked very close.

Can't comment on day of event ticket parking.

8. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    #258 velocetwo, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Blackhorse always had buses, maybe there was a few spots close, but they filled up fast. Quail had it's issues too. Frank managed the flow into the event much better, he kept the display cars moving until they were in their area on the field, unlike Wadsworth who seemed to stop the cars every chance they had. Stop at the entrance, stop to show your ticket, stop to get your goodie bag, stop before you get on the field,................... I remember Franks crew running alongside the cars handing the goodie bags through the windows as they were moving.

Then there was the EXIT at Quail. Frank had no control on this and it was twice as bad as the entrance to Blackhorse. Carmel Valley road would back up for two miles as everyone waited for the single signal light to let 5 cars through at a time near HWYone. It was usually warm at the end of the day too, so it wasn't perfect, just a lot of fun.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Of course the irony was that they fixed that intersection just in time for CI to move out of Quail ;-)

-mick

10. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    anyone know the result of the Pacific Grove city council meeting?

11. CarmelFerrari

CarmelFerrari Karting

Apr 24, 2008
    Ain't gonna happen until an EIR is done and some course issues are resolved and the course needs to get permission from the donor to use the venue in this way, right now it can Only be used for golfing

12. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    someone may be refunding money back..............................lol

13. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I do not think it looks very good for C.I. for this year.

14. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    #264 gday, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
    Voted down. CI will be at the first nine holes of Laguna Seca Golf Ranch - done deal as of yesterday. My bet would be Pacific Grove next year.

-mick

15. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    very interesting.

ZERO parking out there. Unless they use York School's upper field for some, but I'd be willing to bet that would only hold about 700-1000 cars.

I looked at that area for my show and passed, just for that reason.

16. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I think C.I. should hold the event at Mercer Island!

It's getting a bit ridiculous in the Monterey area at this point.

17. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
  18. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks like Lagiuna Seca Golf course. Great place to have it in my opinion. The weather will be better than Blackhorse with less wind and more sun.

Don't know how they plan to get everyone in though as their's only one way in when you get past York school.

19. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Never felt wind was an issue at Blackhorse, funny how all of you know there's a parking issue, I wonder if the event was really sold, if so how much of it? The golf course looks nice.

20. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    I used to play a lot of golf at Bayonnet and Blackhorse golf courses and 90% of the time it was foggy or windy or both. LS can also get a little windy at times but not as bad.

I've been trying to think of where they are going to park all the non-Italian vehicles, and they'll either have to bus the people in from somewhere else, or open up a lot of fairways for them. There's plenty of room there, but you know how people can screw up some very simple things.

The one issue I have is it's going to interfer with my golf game, and living only a couple of miles from the ranch, it's my home course. Hope they don't park anyone on the greens. That'll really play hell with my 37 handicap.

21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #271 ylshih, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    Actually you are not what/who you say you are. You're associated with Concorso and you're not in California, as your skimpy profile says, but in Washington. So the suspicions are correct.

22. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    to the best of my recollection, there's only one way into and out of there, and that's through a gated community. But the map shows 2 access roads, so I may be dead wrong about that.

23. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Where did you find the map?

24. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    That's what I was wanting to know. I was looking at on Yahoo Maps and I couldn't figure it out. I guess I'll have to talk to a friend who is one of the Laguna Seca B.Ms that is part of all decision making and see what they have in mind for the 2 entries so that it doesn't interfere with the race track traffic.

25. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast

I wouldn't worry about race traffic, it's jacked up professionally every year, not to mention the speed traps they set on the long never ending exits.