FCA - StL events | FerrariChat

FCA - StL events

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Jeff Kennedy, Sep 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    #1 Jeff Kennedy, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello from the Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter of the Ferrari Club of America.

•Reminder for the Autos on Valhalla on Sunday September 28. See the attached registration form and the message below from Jerroy Frank.
    •Next up will be the annual Columbus Day Parade through "The Hill" on Sunday October 12. Ferraris & Dinos only for the parade [We would rather have you join us BUT if anyone is in Southern California anyway then do not miss the 60th Anniversary of Ferrari in North America on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills]
    •Saturday October 25 will be a drive. More on this real soon.
    •Sunday November 9 is a viewing party for the Brazilian F1 race at the Weddle's garage.
    •Friday December 12 is the Holiday Party at the Crandall's. Please, club members and their guests only.
    •Also want to remind everyone of the national FCA's 52nd Annual International Meet next year in Monterey, CA August 16-19th. Use this link for the event video.
    •https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vVS3r3-Sukc

Jeff Kennedy
    Secretary
    Missouri & Southern Illinois Chapter
    Ferrari Club of America

Hey folks, Autos on Valhalla is less than two weeks away, Sunday, September 28, so don’t forget to enter now. A registration form was previously sent out but if you can’t find that, email [email protected] and she’ll send one to you.

Jerroy and Dodie Frank are Chairmen of AonV, and Jerroy was one of our club’s founders, so they have a vested interest in making sure Ferrari is well represented among the entries.

Of course, club members who do not enter their cars are encouraged to visit the show and enjoy the array of interesting cars exhibited on grass surrounding a beautiful lake.

Also – Important and exciting! - Some great news about Autos on Valhalla that has just been made available to us…

One: Food at the show this year will be catered by Maggiano’s famous Italian restaurant so plan to have a delicious lunch while you’re enjoying the show.

Two: Please see the website for Ride on St. Louis, the charity which benefits from your Autos on Valhalla registrations and contributions - Charity Car Show | Ride On St. Louis - to get details for a raffle taking place to spend 24 hours with a beautiful model (a Tesla Model S that is!!) The number of raffle tickets is limited to only 200, so you may want to buy yours in advance of the show. Raffle winner will be announced at the conclusion of the show along with winners of A on V’s always coveted trophies.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Hey Jeff,

Have you heard of anyone talking about driving out to the FCA event in Beverly Hills on October 12 from your region?

I am trying to find someone to caravan with and so far I'm coming up short.

Thanks,

-F

3. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I have not from my area. It might be something to get with Theresa Gilpatrick with to get an e-mail to all the members about those wanting to make a drive.

Do have some more tidbits on the event:

Both Rodeo Drive and Camden will be shut down between Wilshire and Little Santa Monica for the cars to be displayed. All the overflow Ferraris will be parked in the garages nearby where they too will be on public display.

Multiple staging points around SoCal for the gathering of the 1,000 Ferraris that will drive to Rodeo Drive.

This will LdM's last public appearance as the president of Ferrari. He will lead a special 60 car parade.

The president of Pirelli North America will be attending.

The FCA will have a tent somewhere on the alley between Rodeo and Camden. Penfolds, our national winery partner, will be pouring wine.

Jeff

4. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    #4 Schulz308, Sep 28, 2014
    nice weather. not a single Ferrari tho. The one food vendor was cash only,They missed out on 80% of the potential sales So we went to a nearby store for food and had a picnic on the grass.

5. TheMarketStreetGroup

Aug 6, 2014
    Saw what looked like a black 355 leaving when I got there around 11:30. I was there with my BMW track car though.

6. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I saw a 355 but dark blue on the way there about that time. had me exited for a sec

7. TheMarketStreetGroup

Aug 6, 2014
    #7 TheMarketStreetGroup, Sep 30, 2014
    I'm sure it was the same one. I did enjoy seeing one of the new targa's for the first time in person. Don't think I would ever buy one personally but I do like the retro styling.