Factory Undercoating | FerrariChat

Factory Undercoating

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bka80s, Feb 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bka80s

bka80s Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Alexander
  2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The original stuff is kind of a very dark OD green. That zig zag line under the center of the car doesn't look right. It had a pretty uneven texture and never really hardens. It was a product called Dinol. Permatex made an aerosol that looked very much like it. The cleanliness of the steering rack bay is very unusual. It looks unnatural. I don't think I have ever seen them avoid frame rails like that. Application tended to be very sloppy. We used to joke that they had Ray Charles spraying the stuff. We complained so much they did get neater.

Some of that looks like it was painted black.

There were no screws along the lower edge of the spoiler.

Texas Forever and bka80s like this.
  3. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Yes, that's been done over. Factory stuff in hard to remove too, had to do it once.

bka80s likes this.
  4. bka80s

bka80s Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Alexander
    Thank you. That’s great info. I’m interested in purchasing this car but the undercarriage and the engine bay have me questioning the history. It has had one engine out service and the chassis was reportedly detailed while the engine was out.

I can understand a detail job, but a respray underneath makes me question it.

5. bka80s

bka80s Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Alexander
  6. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    OEM is paint

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Engine is bare aluminum but the intake manifold is a combination of silver and red wrinkle paint. Hard to tell from the pictures but intake looks like some of the paint was blown off with a pressure washer.

89 or so Im guessing? Has some of the rubberized hoses but not all.

8. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    The car appears to not be in running condition and may have electrical issues. Why is the main harness disconnected?

Consider asking them for more info.

Image Unavailable, Please Login