360 - F360 Front Luggage Compartment Release Circuit | FerrariChat

360 F360 Front Luggage Compartment Release Circuit

Discussion in '360/430' started by Qavion, Mar 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    A question for the experts. I just noticed that the front luggage compartment lid (bonnet) actuator is controlled not directly from the button on the centre console, but via a circuit through the instrument panel. Does the circuit have some kind of speed inhibit?

Not looking for volunteers to try this :p

Thanks!

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I wonder if that is a high pressure area above the fronk which would keep the hood closed at speed?

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    If the frunk lid was realeased, I imagine the air gap would allow air into the funk and help force the lid upwards to the secondary catch.

The wiring through the instrument binnacle, with a speed input required for activation, would be another line of defence. Accidentally pushing a button is a lot more likely than some reaching under the dash to pull a lever. This is extra tech which wasn't required before.

I've noticed quite a few functions on the 360 moved to the instrument binnacle (instead of the external relays and such found on earlier model cars). e.g. the rear fog light circuit and windshield wiper control.