F12 without hydraulic lift in Dubai? | FerrariChat

F12 without hydraulic lift in Dubai?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by dc99, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dc99

dc99 Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Hi everyone,

Looking at a used F12 which does NOT have the suspension lifter option. In Dubai, with all its speed bumps, is this a major issue / should i look for a model which has it?

Driveways angles are not an issue here but there are a bunch of speed bumps. Have a California 30 and that's never been a problem (although it does sit a bit higher than an F12).

Another related question is, given the lifter option is really expensive aftersales ($20k!), if there are scrapes / minor damage to the underside cover and sills, wouldn't it be cheaper to just fix those? Or are there other benefits of having the lifter?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

2. lferrara

lferrara Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    Dubai, UAE
    Having driven the F12 around most of Dubai, no lift is not so much of a problem. I can think of other vehicles including regular saloons that shave more of a struggle with the speed bumps here in the UAE.

3. dc99

dc99 Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Thanks Luke, that's helpful!

4. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Yep, drove my boss's F12 throughout Dubai often (indeed he drove it daily from The Palm to JLT) no lift on his car and never an issue.

5. dc99

dc99 Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Thanks, sounds like lift is a nice-to-have at best. Thanks for the replies

6. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

My 599 has no issues with the speed bumps either and its an HGTE, so sits lower than normal 599. Just go slow.