F12 -- Race Seats + lifter sit higher than standard Daytonas? | FerrariChat

F12 -- Race Seats + lifter sit higher than standard Daytonas?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Bobby_P, Apr 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    Starting to get confused as all h*ll regarding seat height in an F12.

I was under the impression that race seats w/ lifter in the lowest position provides somewhat more headroom than a standard full electric Daytona seat...but now I have been told that a race seat with lifter...even in the lowest position...sits slightly higher than a full electric Daytona in the lowest position...@$!!^&@!!!

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am 6'5" so I suspect I am pushing the limits with regard to comfortably fitting. Sadly, the nearest dealer with F12s with both types of seats is over 2,000 miles from me.

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I have the race seats in my F12 and I had the Daytona's in another Ferrari. Comparing both I can't figure how the race seats when on their lowest position and due to their deeper form and lesser thickness, can sit higher than the Dayatona's. I would be very surprised if they do…..

Bobby_P likes this.
  3. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    I know it sounds obvious, but it's more to do with the length of your back than your overall height. I'm 6'4" and have a relatively short back and so height in my F12 which has Daytona's is an easy thing for me and I'd still be OK at 6'5" . However, I find the wheel is just a bit too far away for my preferred driving position. The only safe way is to sit in each type - we're different shapes and sizes.