F12 Battery Replacement | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F12 Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Cincy2, Jan 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedbird1000

speedbird1000 Rookie

Jun 29, 2008
    Europe
  2. 4574

4574 Karting

Jan 30, 2017
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Keith
    So I procrastinated too long and my 2017 F12 Battery is dead. Looking through this thread, there is a battery replacement procedure that lists the battery as a L5 (group 49) but one of the replies in the thread lists the original battery as L3 (group 48). The dimensions of these two groups is significantly different. Does anyone know the group for the original 2017 F12? I haven't pulled the battery yet and wanted to get the new one first. Thanks

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Group 49/H8.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. 4574

4574 Karting

Jan 30, 2017
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks. I was going to post today but that is where I landed as well. Thanks.

5. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    just had this installed in my 2016 F12:

Antigravity H8/Group-49 Lithium Car Battery
    $949.99 – $1,199.99

• H8/Group 49 OEM Automotive Case size (directly replace stock battery).
    • LxWxH: 14 x 7 x 7.5 inches.
    • Amp Hours: 60 Ah, or 80 Ah.
    • High Power: 60Ah=1800CA, 80Ah=~2000 Cranking Amps.
    • Exclusive RE-START Technology: Wireless Jump-Starting built-in; just press the button on your Keyfob remote.
    • Complete Battery Management System built-in.
    • Ultra Lightweight: Drop up to 40 lbs instantly! 70% lighter than lead.
    • Safest Battery Technology using full BMS and Lifepo4 Lithium chemistry.
    80Ah version along with the bluetooth battery monitor. Did not hear any fitment issues. So far so good all my lazy hot starts are gone. However this is a fresh battery so check back with me in 1 year and let's see how it is doing.

6. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    What is the best battery for an F12, if weight it not a consideration, just performance?

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Either the Braille B10049 or the Antigravity. Mind you, we choose the AG for its performance, not the weight savings.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SVCalifornia likes this.
  8. RDItalian

RDItalian Rookie

Jun 17, 2019
    Nor. Cal - Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Seems like it depends on where you’re located as to what battery is available to you. I’m in Northern California and I just put A new interstate in my 2014 F12. Super strong battery, no more random notices appearing on dash and no more slow lag starts when car is warm.

9. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can you give us the part number of the Interstate you used? Thanks in advance!

10. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    MTX-49/H8?

RDItalian likes this.
  11. RDItalian

RDItalian Rookie

Jun 17, 2019
    Nor. Cal - Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I don’t believe that was it I think is was MTZ-34R. I can’t verify for certain for a few days but if your having a good shop install for you they will size it and tell you with certainty.

blkfxstc likes this.
  12. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    #87 sunghyun7, Apr 16, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    for what it's worth, I have interstate agm with ground cable addition from the neg terminal block to the engine just above the alternator (there is a screw hole that happens to have identical size & pitch of metric oil drain plug bolt). I added the ground b/c I kept on reading about this hesitation thing that I think people are overly hypersensitive about. anyway, 0 issues. I drive mine often-around 7k miles last year. i often drive through national parks with frequent 5-30min stops. 0 issues for the entire year of ownership even in az summer heat.

as far as electrical gremlin, before the ground cable addition, I had couple episodes where radio wouldn't work while I'm driving down the road. i had to pull over and restart the car after which the radio would work fine. after the ground cable, I've had no issues. i'm not 100% sure whether it's even related. I also think the stock ground cable is pretty whimpy. especially if you got your car from the snowy areas, salt can corrode ground connections and make the connection worse with heat.

blkfxstc likes this.
  13. italy2100

italy2100 Rookie

Nov 28, 2023
    Full Name:
    Matthew Arena
    I thought I would share my experience. 2015 Ferrari F12, bought as second owner. Previous owner put an AGM battery in it which in all honesty was a mistake. The car is meant to have a regular lead acid battery. You want proof the AGM battery was kissed in 2 years. Why - 2 reasons; 1 the alternator in the car is made for lead acid battery so it delivers 13.5 volts and 2) the ferrari charger that comes with the car puts out around 13 -13.5 volts made for a lead acid battery. The AGM battery died prematurely because AGM batteries are fussy and need 14.3 -14.7 volts to properly charge. I unfortunately listened to alot of discussion forms and took into consideration what I pulled out of the car so i put a Napa AGM battery back in, works great but the alternator in the car will eventually kill it and I now have to use an aftermarket smart AGM charger which is a pain. If I was doing it over again I would have bought a regular Group 49 Lead Acid Battery. Yes you need to always plug in the car because it will kill any battery in probably 7 days but thats life with this car. Hope this helps someone.

14. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
    I attached page 28 of the F12 owners manual. It specifies the battery 12V - 96 A/h, L5 AGM 850 A EN.
    12V = Voltage/Volts
    L3 is the size = H6 (27.3 x 17.8 x 19.5 cm)
    AGM = Chemistry, gel mat type
    96 Ah = Ampere-Hour Capacity
    850A = Cold Cranking Performance (CCA)/Amps
    EN is a standard test (SAE)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The stock battery is AGM. My first one lasted about 7 years. The replacement AGM is on year 3 with no issues. I use an AGM tender when not driven. Battery replacement without removal of the windshield trim and ventilation cover was amazing hard. Still wouldn't risk prying off plastic parts though.