F1 2011 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F1 2011

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AlexO91, Jun 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Got my copy F1 2011 for Christmas from the wifey!!!!! Time to go win some world titles!!! :)

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I just got this game for Christmas. I really like it so far.
    One thing I never saw was the post race interview room. I finished first and after the race it showed me high fiving other driers in parc ferme then went straight to a small interview right outside the team building. That's the only thing I noticed. In 2010 I thought it was cool the way you walked to the interview room and it felt like the real deal. I guess I'm just cheesy like that.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Finally got this after upgrading my computer.

Took a while to get used to, and still am....difference in feel compared to Rfactor is huge, but getting the hang of it now. Started my career in the Williams, 100% distance and on hard (will go to expert in a couple of races). G25, Manual (ofcourse) all assists off minus ABS.

Started 17th after a difficult qualifying (it was raining). Too much wheelspin at the start resulted me to only gain 1 place by the time I got to the first corner. I saved my KERS for use later on in the lap. By the time I got to turn 3 I took some risks and ended up 12th, right behind Barrichello. I stuck behind him until T9, where I got a good exit and passed him and Alonso using the KERS to take 10th.

I was battling with Rosberg for a while until I finally got around him using the DRS on the straight, and started chasing Di Resta. I went round the outside of him on the 2nd to last turn but he tagged me, which ended with me tapping the wall and damaging my front wing. I dropped down to 14th, but my tires where in good condition (I started on the primes) and was soon up to 7th, when I finally decided for my one and only stop on lap 34. I dropped behind Di Resta in 12th (also my target), but on the awesome option tires I quickly got on the inside of him by T10, when he turned in on me and spun out. I got a 10s penalty added to my time.

I started to hunt down everyone, and with 8 laps to go I was in 5th behind Hamilton. 3 laps to go and Hamilton overtakes Button, whilst I set the fastest lap. On the last lap I was 9 seconds in front of Massa. I had an awesome first sector and passed Button and finish 4th, but with my penalty I was .1 second ahead of Massa so got 5th. Barrichello finished a miserable 17th.

Very eventful race it was then.

The engineer talking to me I found very handy, but the backmarkers are very irritating, I got pushed off by Karthikeyan. Shame they don't get penalties it seems...

There where no retirements by the way, even though I've got patch 1.2.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    For Sepang, Shanghai and Turkey I reduced to 50% races because all those tracks are ****. At kuala lumpur I qualified in 6th and finish 2nd after a lengthy battle with both the Red Bulls. Webber takes the win for a second time and Vettel 3rd.

In Shanghai I qualify only 18th but finish in 5th, whilst Vettel blows an engine, Massa takes the win with Alonso 2nd and Hamilton taking 3rd. Webber only 4th.

In Turkey it was different. I take pole in light rain, and for the race it was also raining. Button was all over me for the whole race, coming very close every single time in sector 2 (turn 8, can't seem to take it perfect). On the last lap I mess up in T1 and for the first time in the race I start looking at Buttons back side. I think it's all over because in Sector 3 I'm still behind him. I was much faster than anyone constantly in S3 though, and I overtake Button in the last turn of the last lap to take the win. Set fastest lap again 4th time in a row.

Barrichello remains a useless teammate. 0 points compared to my 63. Outqualified me twice though.

When do those contracts start rolling in....haha

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Another thing that irritates me relentlessly is that on some tracks my williams feels like a boat. I tried driving Catalunya last night, and even though normally I know I struggle on this track, it really felt like driving a speedboat.

I can't predict where the car is going, at all. There is no confidence (as turn 8 at Turkey for example proves, or turn T5/6 in Malaysia).

The setup is very weird, a very dumbed down version of what I'm used to. I can't even adjust the diff for christ sakes. It's a shame that everything is numbered 1-11 instead of real figures, but that's not a big issue in the end. I'd love a much wider range for aero at least though.

I'm going to try driving the red bull on Catalunya now and see if I get more confidence in that car.

6. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex

I know what you mean, I drive a Williams in my career too and on fast corners in particular, used to understeer on the way in and oversteers on the way out. I've fixed the understeer problem with an aero package upgrade and a couple of setup tweaks. But can't seem to do anything about the oversteer. I loose SO much time to the top four teams in fast to mid speed corners it's ridiculous.

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think it's the whole EGO engine used by codemasters. I just tried Dirt 3. What a piece of horse****. I turn the wheel 30 degrees, nothing. 1 degree more and the starts turning instantly, so I correct and bang, in a tree. Same happens with F1 2011. If I countersteer the car is in a wall, instantly. Doesn't matter how careful I am...

Playing with a G25 btw. Going to play with the steering settings now, if it doesn't get better Codemasters won't see me again as a customer.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Given up on this game now.

Further researching shows that it's not only me that has these problems. There's genuine input lag.

What a shame. The concept of the game is fantastic.

9. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Started playing a CO-OP Championship with a friend. It's pretty fun playing as a team but the penalty system is ****ing annoying and there is no marker on the map that shows who is your teamie.