F1 2011 | FerrariChat

F1 2011

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AlexO91, Jun 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
  2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    They never patched 2010 properly :(

3. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-KmboF3mfI[/ame]

Interesting new features for this years game.

It looks better. 16 cars for online racing.

Teammate co-op mode.

Handling is better, KERS, tyres.

No mention about fixing the bugs in 2010 :(

4. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I don't think they'll bother, the 2011 game is released in 3 months. It would be a waste of time.

5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Under a month to go now!

Looks like the handling/physics has been improved 10 fold. No more random spins? :confused:

I'll still wait for reviews before buying but it's looking like they have listened to some parts of the community :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc6jWpA-03k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPIBzq9nQ0[/ame]

6. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Wow!!! Who makes that F1 wheel and where can I get one?

7. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    fanatec i think. supposed to be released about the same time. im thinking about getting one since you should be able to use it with xbox,pc,ps3.

8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  9. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
  10. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  11. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    That F1 wheel will be the one for me. That thing is awesome.

Now I need to find a seat to put it on. Problem is I might just have to build one. All the cool ones I've sen are waaay overpriced. I like the new HumanRacing setup but for that kind of money I could build my own carbon fiber F1 tub to sit in complete with graphics and speakers.

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Looks awesome! Definitely getting some PC upgrades for this game :D

14. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Two very in-depth videos, first one is about what happens when theres a safety car and red flags, and restarts. Second one is more about the game as a whole.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5LufHkZzw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7uYfJgOTc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

15. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    get an obutto. http://www.obutto.com 400 bucks all powdercoated steel ive had mine for a couple years now.

16. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/9/12533.html

17. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #17 AlexO91, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  18. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Did anybody pick this up today? I'm wondering if it's worth the upgrade.

19. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Downloading on Steam now! :D

20. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Picked it up last night. Played it for a couple hours on the following settings:
    Fuel sim on
    Tyre sim on
    no abs
    no tcs
    no line
    Auto gearbox
    AI intermediate

I only played single player last night and I througholy enjoyed it. A LOT more polished in a lot of areas. A lot of focus has been put on the new handling and it shows, I can "feel" the weight of the car through the corners, it feels like I imagine a formula car should (I don't have 5k to blow in the south of France xP), a balanced setup is clearly important as you'll scrub your tyres and wear them quite quickly otherwise. I spent a couple of laps with a tail happy rear end in the force india and blew through half a set of primes....

KERS and DRS brings a whole new level of strategy to qualifing, you want to use DRS coming out of the last turn and open the rear wing when you start a flyer for example. I've only had a couple oppurtunities to use DRS in the race, it helps but you can't rely on DRS alone! You still have to setup the pass going into the DRS zone, KERS helps here. As a side note on the 360 gamepad kers is mapped to the left bumper and DRS to Y, thankfully you can setup custom control schemes and I found it helped considerably to reverse them.

There aren't any real serious crazy new features (except the co-op career and the safety car) but everything and I do mean EVERYTHING has been polished and tightened up significantly. Your ugly "agent" is gone, there's now feedback about how your press answers affect your image, the handling is WAY better, the AI pushes you and actually RACES you now.

Basically if you liked 2010 and are going in wanting and expecting more of the same and better, you'll be quite pleased and it'll be worth the cash. If you didn't like 2010 then you won't be impressed. Personally on first impressions I'm quite pleased with the polish and I don't feel like the full price was too much, all the little things add up. :)

21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Good write-up. If I had to complain about anything with 2010, it was the handling felt distant at times (to me). It was the same issue I had with Forza III whenever I was in an LMP car. I look forward to a more detailed, sim handling as long as the car "feels" connected to the steering and the road (GT-5 is probably the current standard-bearer for me).

I'm thinking I'll pick it up for the improved physics, better interface, and additions of DRS/KERS.

22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I did pick this game up, and imo it is DEFINITELY an upgrade over the 2010 version. Like I said in a previous post, the physics didn't seem to work as well as I'd like for a Formula 1 game. It brought back the frustrations I felt with Forza 3 (distant feel with faster cars, turning radius seemed too large). This one moves much more predictably to me...no issues with s-curves or quick directional shifts (like Blue Heart said, you can feel the weight through the corners). I haven't had any spin out issues yet, but I haven't driven without tc yet. It does look better also(though slightly...2010 looked good also). The replays are fantastic

Add to that the inclusion of DRS and KERS, the safety car and better AI and it was worth the trade-in/purchase to me.

23. PauloSF

PauloSF Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    how's the indian track? is it any good?

24. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I haven't checked it out yet...only spent about 45 mins on it last night.

I'll check it out later on tonight.

25. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Crap this game is going to take some getting use to. The stupid lotus is just too slow.

BTW what is the VIP code thing? What's that all about? Do I need something more than my xbox live membership to play online with this game?