F-DOG New Drivers Group | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F-DOG New Drivers Group

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 1974gt4, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    #101 180 Out, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Photos from the second edition of the F-Dog Sunday fun runs. First, Marina, Joseph, and I meet up at El Cerrito Plaza Starbucks. Next comes a photo op in a turn off on Redwood Road in the East Bay hills. Further along Redwood Road, in Castro Valley, my '83 400i comes to a bad end when a nut backs out of the gear selector shaft and leaves the tranny stuck in Park. A knight in dayglo armor arrives about an hour later with floor jack and crescent wrench, and unlike Walter Matthau's 275 GTB/4 in "A New Leaf," this red car makes it home under her own power. Marina and Joseph offered to wait it out with me but I made them leave. The orange cones were courtesy of a Good Samaritan car nut and his Jack Russell terrier who were passing by in their tool-packed SUV and were worried that I'd be rear-ended by one of the maniacal Sunday drivers roaring by my poorly chosen parking space. According to their markings the cones were on indefinite loan from the City of Oakland. Thank you knight, Samaritan, little dog, and Oakland.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Nice outcome. It must have been tough keeping up with Dr. Italiani in his new ride. He was tough with his Dino and now probably disappears faster than with a Star Trek transporter.

3. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    Actually the Dr. said something about age before beauty -- I assume he meant the cars -- and let me go first. No way was he going to pass my -- car's -- fat ass on these narrow East Bay canyon roads.

4. jd359

jd359 Formula Junior

Jul 28, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    Full Name:
    J.D.
    Purists would argue that since you had the only front-engined V-12 that you were the only one on that drive with a "real" Ferrari. :). And of course Semik's BMW 335i would be excluded from that lofty group.

5. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    According to the picture of your stop on Redwood rd due to technical difficulties, you broke down right in front of my daughter's preschool.

6. Semik

Semik Karting

Oct 12, 2011
    Sausalito
    Full Name:
    M
    LOL!

Good thing none of us are all that pure!

7. Semik

Semik Karting

Oct 12, 2011
    Sausalito
    Full Name:
    M
    #107 Semik, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    ....there's the rest of the story:

Bill is quite right. I couldn't have passed him as 90% of the time I was purposefully glued to his rear end for fear of being more lost than I happily already was.

Bill was a really good sport and ''led'' a drive as I have been soliciting new roads in democratic fashion. He stepped right up and took us on new asphalt. Bravo.

Not so secretly I was happy to see him hustle that ''true Ferrari" (as JD correctly points out) through some seriously undulating roads. That 400 being a true GT car everyone knows his hands were full ! Well driven indeed in some tight stuff and I don't tire of looking at that shape. I have been a fan of that grey market car for some time....since the movie Rain Man my earliest recollection.

After the unfortunate transmission incident Bill suffered, Semik was the keeper of the GPS which thankfully extracted us from the urban unfamiliar surroundings...a real life saver !

Had Butcher been there...GPS not required !

Sadly, Our excursion cut short and we were urged on by Bill himself.

Obviously someone, her initials: Semik (!) :) was intent on documenting the, ahhhem, moment where Dr. I was behind the aforementioned BMW !!!...notice the stop lights and crosswalks....a moment of opportunity correctly exploited? Perhaps...Bravo II.

And now you have the rest of the story. I look forward to the next adventure and thank Bill for being such a good sport, driving con brio as intended ! Bravo III.

The adventure is in the drive !

9. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Sunday, 16 Dec !

Check your calendars and see a new road, the hills are green, the air is clear and UNLIKE some parts of the country...No snow on the ground !

Your car will thank you.

1. Italiani