Every Sunday morning... | FerrariChat

Every Sunday morning...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Jaguar 15, Jul 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    If anyone is around the Huntington Beach/Seal Beach area on a Sunday morning 7:00 am to 9:00 am, a group of us get together at a Starbucks on PCH in Sunset Beach. There is group of Shelby Mustang/Cobra/Vette/Viper guys at one end of the parking lot. At the other end is a group called the "Huntington Harbour Car Club". Everything from a 289 Tiger, a Morgan Aero, to a 330 GT Ferrari, to a Vector to a Ford GT to a real 427 Cobra.

Nothing formal, everyone is welcome. Get down to the coast, stop by, get a coffee and meet people.

Check out youtube videos under "Huntington Harbour Car Club"......

2. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    right down the street from me, i should swing by

3. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Definitely stop by....Todd, that bought your 360 is usually there..usually 5-6 Ferrari's.

4. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Reminder for Sunday for anyone in the area.........

5. lamontlawyer921

lamontlawyer921 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 1, 2010
    The West Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm in seal, so will stop by on a Sunday. BTW, Seal Beach Fish Fry is tomorrow and sunday 11am-6pm...very fine time if in the area. It's at the entrance to the pier.

6. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    #6 Turbo360, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I really hope this lasts a very long time.

I really do not want to be a wet blanket on this show but you do realize how close you are to residential area? I too want to see this event last a very long time.

I really hope you guys have the owners consent to be on the property for this.

Being there are condo's so close to the Starbucks property, all it will take is "ONE" person who suffers a brain fart who thinks its OK for loud noise or parking lot exhibition of speed.

By far the worst guests of any car show event are the persons coming into or leaving the parking lot, by performing exhibition of speed stunts, loud music and a Youtube favorite drivers showing us all lack of skills/control.

If your going to make this show last your going to have to keep a db meter in yorur hands all of the time and make sure nothing above 50db.

Any one showing up with a straight pipe car like a Cobra at 90+db you will be sure to get the complaints rolling right away from the residents in that complex next to starbucks.

I can't stress enough how much ANTI-NOISE and ANTI-Show Boating enforcement you will have doing, to keep this show rolling for a very long time.

If you don't I'm sure there are enough Tesla, Pruis and Leaf owners in that residential complex to shut it down, but lets hope not.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Think I'll stop by tomorrow......I'll make sure I cost in :)

8. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Just make sure others do as well. Just seems every good car event keeps getting shut down, I my self and many others want a coastal car show like Crystal Cove again. So plz.

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is this going to be same place same time every Sunday?

10. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Same place Mike. Keep in mind, this is NOT an organized event. There is NO "featured car", NO flyers being handed out, NO person in charge. This is just some guys out for coffee every Sunday morn. This NOT an event you drive an hour to go to. Being on PCH which I don't need to tell everyone is heavily traveled, Harleys going by create the noise. Revving your engine here won't impress anyone, especially the Cobra guys that are serious racers.

11. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
  12. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    #12 Jaguar 15, Jul 21, 2014
  13. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Hey, I'm all for a near beach venue to have a nice get together on a Sunday morning. I do hope this keeps rolling and just everyone is totally respectful of the residents.

14. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Sunday....A bud is driving his Pebble Beach award winning Pantera this time.

15. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I might be able to make it but it will not be in a TR and instead full carbon road bike. No noise, no hassle on parking and gets me to do 30 miles round trip from Laguna Beach.

16. RED TESTAROSSA

RED TESTAROSSA Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2009
    So. Calif.
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Jaguar 15,

Noticed your dual location. Was that you driving east on El Paseo 2 or 3 Sundays ago? If so, car looked great. Randy.

17. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I didn't think Sunset Beach was that far from me. 25.8 Miles of cycling each way. :( I will try to make it.

18. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What's the address? Thanks.

19. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I made it after peddling 21.83 miles on way. :) Smaller group but cool cars and guys.

20. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Hi Randy, No it is in Huntington Beach for the summer....too hot...dash shrinkage. I am on El Paseo regularly though. Mitch's, Il Corso, Tommy Bahama, The Fix...great places.

Setorii Pond (The Pond Collection) has a black 512TR if you ever see a gorgeous brunette in a black one on El Paseo.

Light crowd this past Sunday, but we had the pleasure of Haig showing up io his new, full carbon fibre machine....the two wheel kind all the way from Laguna. Great ride!!!

21. RED TESTAROSSA

RED TESTAROSSA Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2009
    So. Calif.
    Full Name:
    Randy
    LOL, I know what you mean. My driving season is winter not summer like everyone else! One of these days I may make it down to the PCH location. Its across from my favorite diner when I'm in the area, Harbor House. Randy.

22. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
  23. Mellow

Mellow Karting

Dec 29, 2012
    CA
    Full Name:
    Mellow Yellow
    #24 Mellow, Sep 14, 2014
    Today, everyone headed out to Ruby's Diner in Laguna Beach. We all had a nice casual cruise from Sunset Beach down to Laguna Beach.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Mellow

Mellow Karting

Dec 29, 2012
    CA
    Full Name:
    Mellow Yellow