News

Englishtown Raceway Park closes!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by rdefabri, Jan 17, 2018.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
  2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2005
    This had come up every year for the last several years and this particular deal had been known about since September - October. I guess the only surprising part is that it (so far) has not been sold to a developer.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Global Moderator
    Global Moderator Owner Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    The Sunshine State
    Full Name:
    Dave
    just the drag strip? Not that I have a familiarity with anything OTHER than that on the property.

Seems they'll still have the mud pit and autocross track? Do they do much racing on those? I just remember it for the drag races.

I guess we'll just have to talk the guys at NJMP into ADDING a drag strip.

D

4. rdefabri

Silver Subscribed

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I know they have some deal with an auctioneer to store vehicles somewhere on the property - any details?

5. rdefabri

Silver Subscribed

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Just the drag strip, but for me that's all that matters. I live 15 minutes from the place, and I've been going there for 47 years.

6. lorenzobandini

lorenzobandini F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Tho' drag racing was my first racing influence, I quickly jumped on racing where cars turn too....not many places you can go in just a straight line
    for just a quarter mile. Nonetheless, it is a shame.
    'Been sayin' it for about twenty years and sorrowfully it's coming truer and truer....all racing is fading away. :(

7. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 Veteran

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    This seriously sucks! As a younger man I raced there. Seeing your life go under the bulldozer is not a pretty thing. Not mention the "Sunday Sunday Sunday ads that drew us in to the place. It is hell getting old! If they shut down Maple Grove Dragway I think I will just shoot myself and get it over with. Losing track after track is not how I expected seeing my life end.