English car presentation for a French guy | FerrariChat

English car presentation for a French guy

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FollowNikko, Nov 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FollowNikko

FollowNikko Rookie

Nov 14, 2016
    Hello everybody,
    I'm Nicolas, I'm 20 years old and I'm a civil engineer in the third class. I have a English course and thurday I have to make a presentation about the Bugatti Veyron brake system.
    I wrote my explanations with my English but I know I speak very bad ... So let me do this little message to know if someone motivated to proofread and correct my spelling. I have to ask here because it is car/mechanic vocabulary.

I really hope to find someone and I'm apologize for the out-topic.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

Nicolas

Here is my text :

Now, we will talk about the system which makes possible the amazing braking of the Bugatti Veyron. The main challenge of the builder was to stop this car from 400 km/h to 0 in less than 10 seconds and they did it.
    A conventional car uses cast iron disc but the amazing speed of the Veyron will melt them. The builder makes a new concept of disc which are built with carbon and silicon. Calipers are made in aluminium while the eight pistons are in titanium. In fact, the pressure on the disc will reach one hundred eighty bar. Each of them are handmade. We talk about four discs of eighty cm^2 to dissipate the immense heat: maximum one thousand degrees but they operate generally at 992 degrees. But the discs themselves aren’t able to stand up this kind of heating so Bugatti places a cooling system to keep them under the thousand degrees. The system consists of a fluid temperature near the different brake pads and a complicated management of the airflow. The Veyron use a normal flow of air input on the front of the vehicle and when the car is braking, a system called FroSt accelerate this flow to spit it on the discs. The all system is able to decelerate of one-point tree g.
    However, it isn’t enough for the engineer’s team! The Veyron also has an incredible rear-wing! As a plane, the car uses this wing like an airbrake. The challenge was to make a hydraulic cylinder system which is able to operate in less time. Finally, when you push on the brake pedal, the wing takes only zero point four seconds to be inclined at fifty-five degrees. This airbrake is only needed when the car goes faster than two hundred km/h. This position plates the car on the road and improve the friction between the tires and the road, so the braking is better. But it works also like a wing and brake literally the car by opposing the flow of air. When the car rides at high speed it strengthens the stability by being inclined at five teen degrees. Above tree hundred seventy km/h, it retracts from 2 degrees to improve the performance of the car. It’s a special sensor designed specifically for this car which communicate with an internal computer to know each time the best position of the wing. The wing and the sensor are built by an aircraft company. This assembly made the Veyron the fastest car!

2. FollowNikko

FollowNikko Rookie

Nov 14, 2016
    Please help me !