Electrical Issues (taillights, turn signals & front quarters) | FerrariChat

Electrical Issues (taillights, turn signals & front quarters)

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by RicSinger, Oct 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Good evening gentlemen I am here seeking a little bit of advice as to where to find some parts or how to repair tail light bulb sockets.

For sometime my turn signals have been acting erratic and flashing fast and sometimes none-working without any reliable repetitive pattern.

Today while charging all lightbulbs I found a socket connector in one of the turn signals that is pretty worn out and not making proper contact with the lightbulb.

Would anybody advice on the best way to repair the connector or alternatively where could I find the entire socket assembly
    @raemin

@bjwhite

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Have you tried first deoxit or equivalent? This is what I did on my front turn signal. Now i am using lots of dielectric grease in my sockets in order to prevent future corrosion.

If this is not enough, you could try to add a blob of solder on the bulb contact (not the socket), which will raise the contact against your worn-out pin. This requires an 8Ow solder iron.

As a last resort you can buy some universal sockets (http://www.taillightking.com/light_bulbs_Sockets.htm or chinese sellers). Pay attention to the type of socket.

3. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Good evening
    I figured out the problem (sort of)
    I did add solder to the bulb connectors for improve contad by extending the reach of the poles and was able to make the turn signals, stops work however the reverse light which I believe it to be the center bulb, (the one that fits inside the white lens) never turned on.

I wanted to use LED bulbs but for some reason they did not operate consistently so I went back to traditional bulbs.
    Later I noticed a couple of cables which have the rubber covering that has shrunk.

I will be looking for a good auto electric shop and have him redo all the connections.