Ebay 400I What do you think? | FerrariChat

Ebay 400I What do you think?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by GuardsRed, Jan 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    I've been eyeing it for a day now too. At first I thought the "buy it now" price was high (15-25k is standard), but then I went back and looked at the miles....wow! It really does look like one of the better examples. It might just be worth 30k+. Interior looks good too. The 400i has one of the classiest interiors Pininfarina ever did IMHO.

2. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Wonder why he forgot to put pictures up of the engine bay.

3. GuardsRed

GuardsRed Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Or did he? That is the one thing that bothers me about this deal...

4. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Email him and ask about it/for a pic. If he dosent want to do it you know not to go forward. I think a lot of people dont include pictures of that, assuming an engine is an engine.

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That car looks perfect. Even the interior didn't show wear for a 20 year old car. Very sharp looking, but what about maintenance?
    Erik

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Looks like one of the nicest I've seen. Realize that costs to keep this car up are VERY high. Also, have you ever seen one in person? Be sure you really like the lines. It is rather conservative and some may feel dated. See if you personally like it, which is what really matters. Other than that, the usual applies. Don't buy sight unseen and or without a PPI.
    Good luck,
    Sam

7. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
  8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The car has been off and on ebay for about 6 months now.

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ohhhh! And the ball drops. There has been trouble on ebay as of late. People posting pics of things they aren't selling and down right theft. I hope they can turn that boat around. I'm just getting my feet wet with ebay but I don't want to take a bath. Sadly enough that car is in my price range but I'm picky, maybe too picky?

10. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I hate to be negative, but the car is a garage queen of the highest order. Expect to have suspension issues, unless the car has been stored on jack stands for the past ten years - even so, all of your suspension and steering bushings will need to be looked at. Less than 7K miles on a twenty-year-old car?

11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    there is a 400I in florida for sale , 1977 for $ 4500.00 says " needs work, little rust" hmmmm hell may be a good buy just for spares. car is in the autotrader www.collectorcartrader.com car looks blue with ???? white interior????? most likely is an automatic but the ad does not say. dammit and was just in WINTER PARK looking at some cars!!! hope this helps someone.

12. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Think twice before you get an automatic. The unit is a GM 3-speed and when I drove one, it felt exceedingly sluggish. The Ferrari sound is completely gone with an automatic, since you are not free to rev it.

Look for a good 5-speed. I really enjoyed mine, love the classical lines. Be sure to check for the requirements of your state inspection. as grey market cars it is impossible to pass the new requirements in some states. That is finally why I traded the car in for a Daytona (older than 25 years, is no emission test in NY).

Rijk