Driving Instructors | FerrariChat

Driving Instructors

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Montserrat88, Oct 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Montserrat88

Montserrat88 Rookie

May 29, 2020
    Hi all

Bought my first Ferrari earlier this year and loving it so far. Unfortunately, I'm not the best driver or the most car savvy as my interest in cars didn't start until I was quite a bit older. I was wondering if it's common or possible to get a driving instructor that would teach me to unlock the full potential of the car. I'm not even sure where to start the search. If it helps at all I'm based out of London UK.

Thanks

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/auto/driving-courses

THE CORSO PILOTA WORLDWIDE
    The Corso Pilota can take place anywhere in the world, to meet the needs of customers unable to attend the courses in Italy. The course has a two-level structure, with the first a prerequisite for the second: Level 1 and Level 2. Dealership and privately owned cars are used in these courses. Please direct any enquiries about this course to the Corso Pilota office at the Ferrari factory in Maranello.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Dealer & FNE track days have good instruction I believe & the safety of not being on the road

There used to be a good skills tutor based at North Weald

4. chris_gilmartin

chris_gilmartin Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    I went to see Andrew Walsh at North Weald, he was very good. Details available on https://www.carlimits.com/

The UK Ferrari Owners Club track days used to have tutors available but not sure what the situation is now.

5. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I did Silverstone last year with FOC and there was one instructor ; who you couldn’t book and was basically “not available” due to the numbers attending. (FoC said they don’t really bother as there was little demand!!!!!!!)

DL day yesterday there were two Ferrari instructors easily available all day long. If you have no joy elsewhere might be with giving them a call and seeing if they would put you in contact or come to a track day next year!

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Book a Ferrari track day with your local dealer, you will get a Ferrari instructor with you who will give you some guidance but it’s not full out instruction.

I would find an instructor on an airfield, not necessarily in your car, that will give you many of the skills that will help you drive your car better, there was a school at Bruntingthorpe airfield, they may even take you out at the end in your car?