Driver stable refresh help | FerrariChat

Driver stable refresh help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by GTB4NART, Sep 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm looking at a stable refresh of driver cars. I already have one - a fully sorted triple black 1999 Carrera cabriolet. I'm keeping it for at least 5 more years. Hopeful, it will appreciate on a trend line similar to 993s.

Here's the goal: I need two more cars that can fit 5 people each and I want them to APPRECIATE over the next 5 or more years. 1990's cars are okay but any older and reliability and parts availability become an issue. This is a bit of a contest for me as I've been very, very fortunate to have a few cars that I've sold for a profit. It's satisying for me to enjoy a fine car for several years and sell them for more than their purchase price and related service costs.

I need at least one of the two to be AWD. Gas mileage is not an issue.

Here's the list:

1993 Land Rover Defender 110 - $50k
    2002 Mercedes G500 - $28k
    1993 Range Rover County SWB - $10k
    1991 BMW M5 - $12k
    1994 MB E500 (I've seen some with room for 3 in the back seat) - $15k

Anyone else want to weigh in? Remember the cars must at least have a chance to appreciate and parts must be readily available.

Thanks!