Does anyone have original pictures of the underbody / chassis of a 400i | FerrariChat

Does anyone have original pictures of the underbody / chassis of a 400i

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Astonish78, Jun 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014
    Dear Gentlemen,

i'm just about to bring my underbody and the chassis of my 400i with manual transmission in a new car condition. I want everything to look like it left the Ferrari factory back then. I bought old car magazines to compare the original condition. Unfortunately, in the car magazines from the eighties are often only pictures in black and white and mostly only pictures of the vehicle itself or vehicle interior and if you're lucky, then maybe even from the engine compartment. But I need color pictures of the chassis and underbody. Maybe someone here has original pictures of a underbody / chassis of a 400i ?

Best regards

Zdenek

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  3. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014

Hello Sam,

i saw your Thread few days ago. Absolut fantastic and i`m very happy about it.

I never tought, that the 365GTC4 had a similar underbody like the 400.

But I urgently need pictures of an unrestored 400i (if possible from back then in eightees)

I will also continue to follow your thread.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Zdenek

4. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Here's a suspension pic of an unrestored 1985 400i....(with the popular wax coating undercoat from the eighties)…..
    but I don't think that's what you are looking for.

Gary

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Is there a specific section that you want to see? I have a lot of pics and woul dgive you a link to an album vs posting a bunch. The 365 gtc is very similar.

6. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    I have a unrestored 81 400i GT, unfortunately I have very few photos of the underside as my hands are busy working when it is up on the hoist. Here is an interesting details around the gearbox tunnel if it is helpful?
    (I'll try and collect some more photos next time it is on the hoist but unfortunately that will not be for a while)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

raemin likes this.