Do you like the new LaFerrari? | FerrariChat

Do you like the new LaFerrari?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by RS6bird, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you like the new LaFerrari?

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RS6bird

RS6bird Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    RS6Bird
    #1 RS6bird, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    I'm tired of all the back and forth bantering that just say "I love it" or "I hate it"...it's a big waste of space. Let's just put it to vote...Do you like the car? yes or no. No middle ground here, no undecided crap...just a simple yes or no.

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yes i love it.

looks like it should - a 458 on steroids. much better than enzo which was brutal but ugly.

not sure about hybrid aspect but seems to be way of the future for hypercars

3. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    A resounding YES!!!

4. Fezzario

Fezzario Rookie

Feb 28, 2011
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yes!!!

The only thing I don't like about LaFerrari (beside the name obviously) is the fact that I could never afford one...

5. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nope, too crazy looking, between the name and the look I've lost a lot of respect for Ferrari, hoping they would redeem themselves but they just keep making it worse.

6. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    From the front 3/4 view, the front overhang look too long and too 'light'.

I hated the look of the Enzo when I first saw it and it grew on me over time. Very bold.

This new car seems almost dated before its release. It's got parts and lines from so many other cars it lacks real originality.

Then again, I can't afford one anyway!

7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  8. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Is one of the options "Hell yes" ?

9. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Yes. But far from perfect.

10. Skovbo

Skovbo Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2012
    The Styling
    The overall styling of the car is beautiful. A good mix of classic and modern. The lines are sharp and almost every part of the car is well integrated. You get the sense that the car is very thought-through which creates a certain flow when you explore the lines - sleek despite its massive size. The car seems well-proportioned, however I would have prefered a smaller front overhang.

Even more so, the styling fits perfectly with Ferrari's current design language.

A few design details I'm not too keen on; the shark-like outlet on the front bonnet looks weird from a lot of angles and obstructs the design of the front, the space for the number plate is not very well executed and really looks like an afterthought. And I'm still not a big fan of 458-styled headlights.

On the other hand, the engine cover is a masterpiece (with its intakes and outlets) and I love the teardrop-design of the rear window. In fact, the entire shape of the cockpit is just stunning. The mirrors are beautiful. And I adore the subtle design cues such as the 156 F1-nose and the black F40/F50-stipe at the rear.

The Specs
    0-300 in 15 sec. is insane and a huge achievement and much better than I even hoped for.
    Top speed is, as expected, very good.
    0-100 in under 3 sec. is very impressive as well.
    The power-output is just awesome.
    And if the weight turns out to be as low as 1255 kg as some sources are reporting then it's out of this world.

The car sounds like a complete monster - I'm very impressed.

The Name
    Honestly, I don't think they could have chosen a much dumber name. Even when the Enzo (presented as Ferrari Enzo Ferrari) was released it sounded a tad stupid with the extra "Ferrari" and is therefore only refered to as the Enzo. Clearly, they haven't learned anything from that. I have no clue why they settled on Ferrari LaFerrari. The name is beyond stupid.

All in all, a very impressive effort from Ferrari. Should've called the Ferrari Bellissimo.

11. Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom Karting

Jul 15, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Love it. First post-F40 Ferrari supercar that looks like the designers and engineers were all having fun. It looks spectacular in motion, which is ironic, since 80% of them will sit gathering as few miles as possible as "investments". Sigh. Bring on the XX!

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I love it. First response was "evolution of Enzo, not a revolution". Second response was "man that looks like the P 4/5". I love it so far although it doesn't seem they went crazy with the performance.

13. RS6bird

RS6bird Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    RS6Bird
    I think it is fantastic, love the looks from any angle...they got it right, just like they did with the 458.

14. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    I thought the rear would look more like Jim's car but nevertheless, Ferrari knocked it out of the park with this car.

This is an evolution of the Enzo and I like it!!!!!

15. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Absolutely fantastic.

Beyond description.

Beautiful, stunning, breath taking!!!

16. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    Beyond expectation.
    Formidable combination of elegance and power!
    A Masterpiece to look at.

17. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I love it :)

I love the styling. The KERS system is well-executed (explained on other threads). And the performance metrics released so far are jaw-dropping.

Regarding aerodynamics ... seems that Ferrari paid LOTS of attention to downforce on the front tires ... ;)

Ferrari absolutely hit this one out of the park!

18. polm

polm Rookie

Jun 2, 2004
    no
    name suck design suck
    its just an 458 evolution

19. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    This. Even the past "crazy" cars had a very simple and elegant aspect to them. Ferrari has completely lost this and I'm quite surprised, yet not at all, that people here are falling all over it. The simplicity is gone completely.

20. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Yes, I like it.

The hybrid junk is a waste, IMO, but I am not their target buyer. It could theoretically sway a decision in the future but by then they will again be selling a different product.

The name is dumb but so what? So was the name "Ferrari Enzo Ferrari." They're trying to say this is the car. . . which will be the case for the next 7 or 8 years until the next one comes out.

It looks great and I am a big fan of active aero, which seems like the next logical step in performance that only so many cars have attempted to seriously tackle thus far.

21. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I like the technical data but body design is far from being beautiful (I will not vote :p )

22. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Yes, I think it looks great, but I think a bit more thought could have been spent on the naming of it.

BTW... Your poll, should have had No, Yes and OH YEAH!

23. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I respectfully disagree. Yes, there are some bold/crazy parts and lines, but IMHO they are balanced out by sufficient surface areas that are not bold or crazy.

24. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I voted "no," because I thought the car could be more. It is surely a wonderful performer, but I am disappointed that it is such a rip off of the 458.

25. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #25 teak360, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    Awesome car, even if it does evoke the 458. As for the P1, the Ferrari kind of makes it look like something out of a Transformers movie; not to mention the V12.
    The name though..........really? It must have been chosen to appeal to some demographic other than red blooded Americans; Russian oligarchs? The new Chinese elite? Who?