Dino 246 wiring problem | FerrariChat

Dino 246 wiring problem

Discussion in '206/246' started by dm_n_stuff, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#1 dm_n_stuff, May 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have the maintenance and repair book, but the wiring diagram does not detail wire colors. It doesn't even show the relays in question here.

Is there a diagram available that more carefully details what goes where? Or can any of you Dino guys help me?

I discovered this while chasing my previously described starter issue.

There are two relays under the dash, near the steering column, above the driver's left knee. I have wires loose near these relays that obviously were plugged in from the factory. Problem is, I have no way of knowing which wires go to which relay, as one wire is unplugged from each relay. One has a double yellow wire leading to it plugged in, and the other a single black wire plugged in.

Loose are a double black wire with terminal, and a single wire, looks brown/yellow.

Any ideas?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    Your picture is a little different from my car,but it looks like the key and seatbelt buzzers relays.Many people disconnected them.The double yellow and the double black go together and the single brown/yellow (mine is black/orange) goes with the single grey.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mike.

Makes perfect sense as the I do not have a seat belt buzzer going off.

I'll plug them in and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Dave

4. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    If after you make the connections the buzzer dosen't work you may have to repair or replace the contacts in the seat bottoms.