Dino 246: Reupholstering seats, dash, floor mats, floor carpeting source? | FerrariChat

Dino 246: Reupholstering seats, dash, floor mats, floor carpeting source?

Discussion in '206/246' started by CarreraScott, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarreraScott

CarreraScott Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Anyone have a good recommendation for a company to reupholster the seats in a Dino? How about a source for new floor carpeting and new floormats? And how about someone to recover the dash?

I'd prefer someone who I could ship the seats to, they reupholster and ship back.

Not sure if the dash is that easy to remove that I could do the same (prob not), so looking for someone in the mid-atlantic (I'm in central VA).

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

2. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    Matt Jones at ReOriginals has seat covers and dash material.He also sells complete sets of seats ready to install.As for the dash,it is not that hard to remove.I sent you a email with contact number if you want to do it yourself I can tell you how.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Matt's a good guy.

There has also been some info on a carpet vendor on the site. I don't have it do a search.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Matt at re-originals is an excellent source for this stuff. You can ship him your seats, he'll do them, or he'll send you replacements, or just the kit. Be prepared to wait a few weeks or so. I have a set on order with him for my Dino right now.

www.reoriginals.com

You can also get carpet and upholstery at

http://worlduph.com/ or http://www.owners.ferrari.com/

I had floor mats custom made for about $100 from GG Bailey. You cut a pattern, I traced the original carpet pieces, and they digitize it, and cut and bind floor mats. Fit great, look excellent. www.ggbailey.com

I bought a carpet kit from world upholstery, wool, and it is beautiful and fits like a glove, shipped fast, too. Only problem was the vent panels were not cut out in the wheel well pieces. Spent quite some time trimming that.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mike. Maybe a thread in here about how to remove/recover/replace the dash in a Dino 246 would be good. I know I'd love to see it as that's the next thing I have to tackle.

Thanks,

Dave

6. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    Mike, I am also very interested in learning how to remove/recover/replace the dash.

Thanks,

Russell

7. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    I'm not much for writing articles but if anyone is interested in recovering their dash you can contact me and I will walk you through it when you are ready.

8. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    DAMN! I just had the paint shop send mine out to have it recovered. I went with leather instead of the original mouse-hair and it cost me $1200.

9. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    Hey Mike,

As you know I need to redo the dash cover on my Dino, like maybe before Monterey. I don't mind writing and illustrating a tech piece, so maybe we could work together on this. Your expertise and my grunt work. I'll talk to you when I run my entry form for Ferraris on Oak over to your house.

Daryl Adams

10. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio

Sounds like a plan.The car has to look good for Monterey so I can't pick it apart when I judge it.