Digital artwork sells for record $69 million at Christie's first NFT auction | FerrariChat

Digital artwork sells for record $69 million at Christie's first NFT auction

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by BJK, Mar 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    have had a tough time wrapping my head around these. the only thing that crossed my mind is money laundering. but this attracts too much attention.

Natkingcolebasket69 and BJK like this.
  3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Scrambles my brain. :confused: People are paying BIG bucks for tweets?!!!, gifs, jpegs, short vid clips, etc. :eek:
    But I guess this digital stuff is no worse than a painting of a square or dot. IMO o_O I'm just not sophisticated enough to appreciate them. :)
    So, what do you have in your portfolio sir? This awesome tweet, man. :p

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can someone explain how this isnt a tulip?

5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The word on the street is these sales are being orchestrated by the exchanges themselves to drive demand to their sites as well as crypto whales who are worth billions and want to see the price go much much higher.

What these arent, are 'real' transactions.

sailfly, jm2 and JCR like this.
  6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wouldnt this bring in mostly UNWANTED attention? im really confused. maybe it will make more sense when the buyer's identity comes out.

7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Everyone knows the fine art world is corrupt with shill bidding, yet it marches on. Same here. All that matters is crypto and NFT are in the news and every day more and more people buy into it looking for fame and fortune.

I posted an article on my social media last week about people selling NFTs for millions and my inbox flooded with literally dozens of artists asking how they can use NFTs to make millions.

Lemmings who will flock to these sites and as Facebook and others have shown, growing membership is the key to getting more investment and a sky high IPO.

jm2 and JCR like this.